Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to render any opinion on your situation @luckyal ... Sorry...

I am unable to render any opinion on your situation @luckyal ... Sorry...
I'm not saying that you should. I'm reporting back because I followed your "Golden Build" guide and since this forum is established for educational purposes, there may be others that encounter problems with external device drivers that require an allocation of physical memory space prior to initialization. I think this goes just beyond the specific "Thunderbolt" niche type of issues.

@pastrychef @Stork @JCMunsonII and anyone else who cares - please read through at least last few pages of thread below. Long story short - I had to ENABLE VT-d AND remove the dart=0 boot flag to be able to get my Thunderbolt Audio device to work. In the process, I loose USB ports, not sure yet why, but this has something to do with the driver for this particular device requiring a portion of the first 256MB of the physical memory. IDK enough about it, but @joevt certainly seems to. Anyway, while you may not care about my particular application, at issue is certain kexts that are programmed to require physical memory space prior to initialization.

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

I believe dart=0's function is to disable VT-d. Therefore, if you need VT-d enabled, you must disable dart=0.

Any idea on how to do that AND keep USB working? I loose all USB after clover if VT-d is enabled and dart=0 is active.

dart=0 has never affected my USB in any way.

dart=0 has never affected my USB in any way.
Right, if you have a check next to dart=0 it won't, but if you uncheck AND enable VT-d you lose USB. I'm using @RehabMan SSDT implementation. Any chance you can do a quick test? :confused:

Right, if you have a check next to dart=0 it won't, but if you uncheck AND enable VT-d you lose USB. I'm using @RehabMan SSDT implementation. Any chance you can do a quick test? :confused:

I have VT-x and VT-d enabled. I have dart=0 unchecked. All my USB ports work.

I have VT-x and VT-d enabled. I have dart=0 unchecked. All my USB ports work.
Hmm...I wonder what could be my problem. I initially thought that maybe my SSDT-UIAC.aml was messed up, but I removed it and re-enabled Piker's 15 port limit to no avail. Which kexts do you have inside your Other folder? I only kept FakeSMC, all others are in my /L/E

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-01 15.55.42.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-01 15.55.42.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 153
Hmm...I wonder what could be my problem. I initially thought that maybe my SSDT-UIAC.aml was messed up, but I removed it and re-enabled Piker's 15 port limit to no avail. Which kexts do you have inside your Other folder? I only kept FakeSMC, all others are in my /L/E

You can see my EFI in my Z370 build thread. It's attached to post #1.

You can see my EFI in my Z370 build thread. It's attached to post #1.
Gotta say I'm a bit surprised you have so many inside the CLOVER/kexts/other. I have long followed your advice to keep as much as possible in the /L/E. As a result I have been getting away with only FakeSMC.kext in the Clover folder. Granted, you do state:

Please note that /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ is NOT the recommended location for kexts. However, I have been doing it this way for quite a while now and have not had any problems doing so. If you want to do it the proper way, you can move all these kexts to /Library/Extensions/. Remember to rebuild kext cache if you do this. I also recommend that you install LiluFriend if you do this.

Curious as to why the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back