I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
That fixed it! :D Thanks!

I also now have hardware acceleration, which I hadn't had up until this point. It may, or may not, be due to that version of the kext, or perhaps the lack of the sensor/XHCI kexts. I'm not up for strictly finding out though... ;)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
That fixed it! :D Thanks!

I also now have hardware acceleration, which I hadn't had up until this point. It may, or may not, be due to that version of the kext, or perhaps the lack of the sensor/XHCI kexts. I'm not up for strictly finding out though... ;)
Good to hear! It was definitely the kext for me. I use CCC, and went through 3 or 4 installs that would hang at a black screen after the 2nd restart until I found another thread discussing this exact thing and replaced WG with the 1.2.8 version. After that, the install went smooth.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If it is the same card that I have, it is PnP. You could have a bad card, or, perhaps another kext might be interfering? Be sure to disable the motherboard's onboard WiFi/BT...

Motherboard
ASUS Rog Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If it is the same card that I have, it is PnP. You could have a bad card, or, perhaps another kext might be interfering? Be sure to disable the motherboard's onboard WiFi/BT...
I goofed and put it into the bottom X1 slot, which I completely forgot was disabled because I was using a second NVMe drive. After moving it up right below the GPU (not sure it's a good idea to partially block the GPU fan), it worked like a charm.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update to 10.14.5

Overall: update went without issues.

Updated Clover & AppleALC.kext prior, along with CCC backup.

3 restarts - initial, 2 during the update.

Purple lines did appear during the installation, as well as post-installation to initial log-in post installation. Admittedly, expected the first set of purple lines, but not the second, nor the third set - a bit freaky, but all went well - progress bar continued to move during the installation phase with the lines on the screen. The last set, prior to log-in, was a bit scary as the screen blacked out for a bit, though the hard disk light kept going. I left it alone and the log-in screen eventually came up - whew! :D

The first set of purple lines led to an update progress screen showing 37 minutes remaining, the second led to one showing 44 minutes remaining. I point this out as it appeared the system reached a kp and simply rebooted back to the initial update phase. Thankfully it had not.