Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this contain `20` at the end? It's a whitespace, plus it would mean you're replacing one character out of your original range. My default automatic patch setting is `494d4549`.
Thanks for the catch! Not sure why the extra space got in there, but I've edited that out. :)

Thanks to user @mlg , this post, iBooks is now corrected. MLG wrote a kext that allows the nVidia drivers to be officially recognized by MacOS so they can load into protected space - all w/o violating security. WTG!!!

Still would like to fully solve the HDCP issue, wish there was a diagnostic tool to assist in that capacity...

how to fresh install 10.12.6 on this build? Thanks

how to fresh install 10.12.6 on this build? Thanks
As the build is at 10.12.5 currently, no, I cannot. I will be updating to 10.12.6.

@tonymacx86 will be completing the necessary guides on doing a fresh install for 10.12.6, so you might want to keep an eye on that area of the forum.

Updated the build to 10.12.6 successfully, but post-update needed a little work:

1. As an nVidia card is in my system, I had to change the required build. However, the method here did not work for me. Instead, I, ultimately, copied the kext out to the desktop, opened the Info.plist with XCode, made the required change (set IOKitPersonalities -> NVDAStartup -> NVDARequiredOS to 16G29), saved, installed kext via KextBeast (got the "improperly installed" error - ignore), and restart. This was done post-update, however, pre-update should work fine.
2. The update installed fine with no issues - I did not change any Clover configuration settings yet.
3. Post-update, I removed the FakeCPUID (Kernel and Kext Patches), disabled the Y-Tile fix (Devices ->Add Properties), changed the ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 as per here, and set the IntelGFXID to 0x59128086 as per here. InjectIntel remains TRUE.

Changed the ig-platform-id to 0x59120003, and it seems that QuickSync is now enabled. While I can't verify as I don't have FCP, MacX dvd converter shows I have hardware encoding support now which it did not before.

With @mlg 's nVidia kext, iBooks and QuickSync are now coexisting nicely I think. :)

Migrated from 14,2 to 18,3 as that more closely matches the hardware in-use. It is not necessary to do this as 14,2 does work. Please reference this thread before doing so.

The steps are:
  1. You may wish to back up your system.
  2. Mount your EFI partition.
  3. Duplicate your current Clover config.plist and rename it to config142.plist (or something so you'll know what it is). This is ultra-important in case you want to go back to 14,2 - you won't lose your working settings.
  4. Open Clover Configurator.
  5. Open your current config.plist.
  6. Change your SMBIOS to 18,3. This will wipe out your serial numbers, board id, UUID, etc.
  7. Save your config.plist.
  8. Quit Clover Configurator.
  9. Sign out of iCloud. You can save copies of the data iCloud suggests if you wish - I did.
  10. Reboot.
  11. Follow the Idiots' Guide to iMessage and re-generate the proper IDs for i-stuff usage.
  12. Everything else should work as before.
NOTE: As of the writing of this post, RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext does NOT contain the 18,3 SMBIOS definition - it must be added. Because it lacks the sysdef, your USB ports will not be properly listed IF you did the custom port SSDT as is recommended. To fix this, you can either add the missing sections, below, OR, see this post for a modified kext. The modification was NOT performed by RehabMan and therefore is not "official" by any means. It does, however, resolve the issue. Please be respectful of RehabMan's efforts.

The following goes after the iMac17,1-XHC section in IOKitPersonalities:
Code:
<key>iMac18,3-AppeBusPowerControllerUSB</key>
       <dict>
           <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
           <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll</string>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <string>org_rehabman_USBInjectAll</string>
           <key>IOProviderClass</key>
           <string>AppleBusPowerControllerUSB</string>
           <key>kConfigurationName</key>
           <string>AppleBusPowerControllerUSB</string>
           <key>model</key>
           <string>iMac18,3</string>
       </dict>
       <key>iMac18,3-EH01</key>
       <dict>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <key>IONameMatch</key>
           <string>EH01</string>
           <string>AppleUSBEHCIPCI</string>
           <string>EH01</string>
           <key>model</key>
       </dict>
       <key>iMac18,3-EH01-internal-hub</key>
       <dict>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <key>IOProbeScore</key>
           <integer>5000</integer>
           <string>AppleUSB20InternalHub</string>
           <string>HUB1</string>
           <key>locationID</key>
           <integer>487587840</integer>
           <key>model</key>
       </dict>
       <key>iMac18,3-EH02</key>
       <dict>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <key>IONameMatch</key>
           <string>EH02</string>
           <string>AppleUSBEHCIPCI</string>
           <string>EH02</string>
           <key>model</key>
       </dict>
       <key>iMac18,3-EH02-internal-hub</key>
       <dict>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <key>IOProbeScore</key>
           <integer>5000</integer>
           <string>AppleUSB20InternalHub</string>
           <string>HUB2</string>
           <key>locationID</key>
           <integer>437256192</integer>
           <key>model</key>
       </dict>
       <key>iMac18,3-XHC</key>
       <dict>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <key>IONameMatch</key>
           <string>XHC</string>
           <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
           <string>XHC</string>
           <key>kIsXHC</key>
           <true/>
           <key>model</key>
       </dict>

Overall, my system performance hasn't really changed. Although I did notice that USB ejection works - previously it would get 'stuck.' Only time will tell as to whether this is a "proper" move or not. :)

NOTE: Handoff is not working. AirDrop works fine.

Last edited:
Fix SAT0 to SATA
You'll need to open Clover Configurator and add the following to the DSDT Patches section:
Reboot after applying the change. You can verify the change in IO Registry Explorer.

I've been following this thread and @Stork MyHero build as well but I can't figure out what this rename is for, why should I do this?

I've been following this thread and @Stork MyHero build as well but I can't figure out what this rename is for, why should I do this?
To my knowledge, this is so that your SATA drive(s) will be properly recognized. This affects power management and sleep.

Handoff is now working. Problem was not in 18,3, but a "bug" in how Handoff operates. Fix was to open Bluetooth preferences on both the Hack and the iPhone (putting both in discovery/pair mode), and pair the devices. You'll get warnings about "can't connect to this network." Ignore that. Handoff started working immediately post a successful pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back