Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that's useful.

Yes, you can just remove the PXSX section from USBPorts.kext. Before you do though, just make a back-up of the present one and have a boot-stick handy in case something unforeseen occurs. Always wise. :thumbup:

The ASMedia controller *is* one for which Apple includes drivers.

Sorry I can't test personally, but it will be interesting to hear your results (don't mean to use you as a test-bed! :D).
Having utter faith in your knowledge, I didn't even bother to remove the back cover on the case (where my SSDs are located, should I have needed to boot back to Catalina), and no issues rebooting.

After Broom & Refresh, here is Hackintool output:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 6.08.37 AM.png

And in IORegsitryExplorer (after plugging in my phone):

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 6.16.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 6.16.15 AM.png

Does this look correct?

Having utter faith in your knowledge, I didn't even bother to remove the back cover on the case (where my SSDs are located, should I have needed to boot back to Catalina), and no issues rebooting.

After Broom & Refresh, here is Hackintool output:

View attachment 561561

And in IORegsitryExplorer (after plugging in my phone):

View attachment 561562
View attachment 561563

Does this look correct?

Well that HS01 port should be either UsbConnector type "3" or "10", not both. Same for SS01/2.

I don't know why those HS and SS ports are duplicated. Pre-Skylake an add-on chipset would often "piggy-back" on an Intel port to give a USB2-only port USB3 functionality. Maybe something similar is going on here.

More IORegistryExplorer (if helpful):

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.11.41 AM.png

HS01:
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.11.58 AM.png

SS01:
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.12.36 AM.png

SS02:
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.12.44 AM.png

And if you want the whole output, see attached.

Attachments

• Heroica.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 49
Also of note, this board does have a front USB 3.1 connector - I'll check and see if I have my front ports connected to that (might shed some light here).

I do not have that header in use. It must be the "second" header exposed by Hackintool.

I' getting this screen after 1º reboot. After install os, I select os installer in boot option, like the instructions. View attachment 561594
NOTE: This is NOT a help thread. Post queries in your own build thread or the relevant forum.

That being said, are your kexts up to date?

I’m sorry, I didn’t see the comment on page 102. Just upgrade the Kexts and works fine. Thank you

?: What are the consequences of leaving the PXSX controllers be? What would happen if I do decide to use the either of the ports under those controllers?

I know from previous mapping attempts that the ports are indeed visible to macOS (I plugged my iPhone into the usb-c port and it wanted to download software while I was in Catalina) - but do not know what would happen if I were to continue with them being visible or use them.
I've got a similar rig to yours (but Gigabyte instead of ASUS) and it also has the ASMedia 3.1 ports on the rear as well (single set vs your dual set) and they run fine whether included in USBPorts.kext or not (I need to buy a USB 3.1 rated cable to see if I can get the speed to go up from it's current 5GBs to it's rated 10GBs).

I've got a similar rig to yours (but Gigabyte instead of ASUS) and it also has the ASMedia 3.1 ports on the rear as well (single set vs your dual set) and they run fine whether included in USBPorts.kext or not (I need to buy a USB 3.1 rated cable to see if I can get the speed to go up from it's current 5GBs to it's rated 10GBs).
I don't have a 3.1 device with which to test, so I am not certain of my speeds either. USB-C connection works to my iPhone without issues though.

Would be interesting to know if I did get 3.1 Gen 2 speeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back