Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I just found the culprit. I think I may have blindly installed an update to the Logitech Control Center application that could have been causing this. I've uninstalled it and restarted, and am monitoring the situation.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I just found the culprit. I think I may have blindly installed an update to the Logitech Control Center application that could have been causing this. I've uninstalled it and restarted, and am monitoring the situation.
Same thing happening to me since I changed to the Maximus IX HERO, I haven't found a fix for the mouse lag yet. If you're using your hack for content creation this will become the most annoying thing in your life.

Same thing happening to me since I changed to the Maximus IX HERO, I haven't found a fix for the mouse lag yet. If you're using your hack for content creation this will become the most annoying thing in your life.
I've been running this for ages and never had the problem before. I don't think it's related to the IX Hero - I think you may have something else at play on yours? Do you have the LCC installed?

I've been running this for ages and never had the problem before. I don't think it's related to the IX Hero - I think you may have something else at play on yours? Do you have the LCC installed?
I used to have an MSI Z270 SLI PLUS and never had the problem, maybe something Asus related I don't know about? The frustration is real man haha. btw what's LCC?

Logitech Control Center. Like I say, maybe it's too soon for me to have been able to rule it out completely, but after uninstalling it I don't *think* I've seen the mouse pausing again. Plus, updating LCC and installing the last Security Update are the only things that I can really think of that were changed in my installation.

That won't work for us with non-gaming series hardware. ;) I have an MX Master Mouse and standard full-size Apple keyboard. ;)

I just updated to HS 10.13.6 (17G65)

I just finished making a bootable clone of my SSD and updated the Clone first (just in case.)

Other than needing the nVidia driver updated things went easily, no need to fix audio either.

The mouse problem is still there. New mice, new connections, new cables, different USB sockets - nothing works. I'm thinking I might take the plunge and update the OS sometime soon. Trouble is, with Mojave on the horizon, it feels like it would make more sense to wait until that's a few point revisions in and go to that, rather than High Sierra, but this problem is driving me nuts and I've no idea how to find out what's causing it.

I've no idea how to find out what's causing it.
I wonder if it is a conflict with "Shake mouse pointer to locate".
There have been problems caused by that and some games.

System Preferences - Accessibility - Display - Shake mouse pointer to locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back