Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work, Pablo! Great tip for getting it working in Windows first.

Hey @bombardier I got pretty much the same build as you do. I am running into a USB 3.0 problem. I am left scratching my head because the USB instructions are overwhelming... I was wondering if there is a simpler way you can help me out?

I did a test on my USB ports with a 3.0 drive, and I am only getting 40mb/sec. But, when I use the drive on my MacBook Pro, I get 70mb/sec. I am running High Sierra 10.13.1 on both my hackintosh and MacBook Pro. In general, when I plug my external USB 3.0 drive in a regular 2.0 port, I get a white status light on my drive. If I plug in my drive into a USB 3.0 port the light turns blue. On the hackintosh, it only turns white meaning 3.0 mode isn't working. The blue light turns on when I plug the drive into the USB 3.0 ports on my hackintosh, but the drive doesn't mount to desktop. You have an idea how to fix this?

ASUS MAXIMUS HERO IX
i7-7700k
EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 8gb
HIGH SIERRA 10.13.1
HFS

I'm not sure why that would be. Did you follow the instructions to get your USB ports under the 15 port limit?

Hi @bombardier (and everybody),
I have a similar setup of yours but I have a big issue: when I start to boot from my SSD, I see the screen with the Apple logo and the loading bar, but the loading is very long and in the end the OS is not loaded and the computer reboot itself.
Do you have maybe some idea? Did you have similar issue?

Thanks a lot!

Boot in verbose mode; capture screen at hang; post back with proper problem reporting files.

Likely you have a bad kext - check Shiki, Lilu, etc.

Thanks! You can see the screenshot in the attached file

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 17.04.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 17.04.45.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 108
Need information back further in the verbose output. Suggest video then screenshots.

Hi @Bob_the_Tomato. The iGU Multi-Monitor was already disabled. I attach the image, just because maybe it could be useful.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 17.30.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-04 at 17.30.27.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back