Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can install Sierra from the USB drive just fine. And run MultiBeast just fine. But when I get to booting Sierra directly from the hard drive it gets stuck on the Apple loading bar for about 30 minutes. Sometimes the monitor would got to a blue lack of input screen and the computer would either be on the log in screen or it would just reset to clover.

Any idea why this would be?

My build is an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO with an i7 quad core unlocked processor. The GPU I want to install is a GeForce GTX 1060 ,but I haven't gotten that far with Sierra yet.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Have you done this step in Clover Configurator?

Set the FakeCPUID value (in Kernel and Kext patches) and the SMBIOS information so you don't have to continually do so at boot time.

Have you done this step in Clover Configurator?

Set the FakeCPUID value (in Kernel and Kext patches) and the SMBIOS information so you don't have to continually do so at boot time.
I change them at boot it doesn't take long to change the fake cpuid. My system already recognizes as 14,2. I just don't know why the macOS would take so long to load once booted from clover on the hard drive

Boot with the verbose flag (-v) and see where it's getting stuck.

Can you maybe tell me what you mean by that?

These kexts should be installed, and the Fake ones removed.

What does "and the fake ones removed" mean?

When I downloaded what you recommended I got two files:

HWSensors.6.26.1440.Binaries.dmg

and

HWSensors.6.26.1440.pkg

Inside the HWSensors.6.26.1440.Binaries.dmg there is a file called FakeSMC.kext.

(Btw when installing the HWSensors kexts I suddenly had all GFX card fans blowing at full speed. It was really loud but fixed itself after reboot)

Do you mean I should remove the FakeSMC.kext from the HWsensord dmg? /not install that?

Or did you say it because of this here:

MultiBeast v9.1.0's FakeSMC Plugins' FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext has not been updated to support Pascal graphics cards. To prevent Kernel Panics and Reboot do this step.

I still can't get my Gigabyte Geforce 1080 to show up in "About This Mac", though I followed your guide closely and have the same MB and CPU

I thought maybe I missed something here

thanks

Last edited:
Can you maybe tell me what you mean by that?

What does "and the fake ones removed" mean?

When I downloaded what you recommended I got two files:

HWSensors.6.26.1440.Binaries.dmg

and

HWSensors.6.26.1440.pkg

Inside the HWSensors.6.26.1440.Binaries.dmg there is a file called FakeSMC.kext.

(Btw when installing the HWSensors kexts I suddenly had all GFX card fans blowing at full speed. It was really loud but fixed itself after reboot)

Do you mean I should remove the FakeSMC.kext from the HWsensord dmg? /not install that?

Or did you say it because of this here:

I still can't get my Gigabyte Geforce 1080 to show up in "About This Mac", though I followed your guide closely and have the same MB and CPU

I thought maybe I missed something here

thanks
Yes, exactly because of the second point - the MultiBeast kexts for the power management don't work with Pascal graphics cards, so they need to be removed, then you install the ones from kozlek (including the FakeSMC.kext in that package).

As for your graphics card not being recognised in About This Mac, I'm not sure what the answer is. Did you remove the ig-platform-id value if you'd entered one before? Changed the primary card to PEG?

Hmmmm. Not sure what that could be. Have you checked your cabling? Did you install the audio drivers from the original guide?

No, I haven't, but I haven't really tried, since I have no Thunderbolt peripherals. I'd suggest searching the boards to see if there is anyone who has done it on another machine with the same ASUS card as you.

Pretty sure that was mentioned earlier in this thread. That change is to reflect what the on-board SATA is called in an iMac14,2, which this build spoofs. I haven't updated the BIOS since my build.
Thanks for your reply , I got thunderbolt working perfectly and now I have my UAD Apollo Quad connected via thunderbolt to my hackintosh, works like a charm, had to install a thunderboltEX 3 PCIe card, go to windows 10 (that I have installed on a separate 250gb ssd) download drivers for thunderbolt 3, get the PCIe working on windows , getting my Apollo working on windows , rebooted , went to Sierra and BOOM!! thunderbolt works perfectly, at least on my Apollo .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back