Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef: I will try putting in the 950 and maybe run a few tests... as for transplanting, I have a 2008 Mac Pro that cant run Sierra. So I don't think I want to go through the process of transplanting and upgrading. I am assuming the only reason to use migration assistant is to bring over all the apps you have?

@bombardier: I finally figured out how to do that in Clover Configurator. I couldn't find the
Change PEGP to GFX0
Find 50454750
Replace 47465830
option in the drop down menu. And then I saw the plus and minus signs on the bottom right. I manually entered in the fields. I did notice one thing though. In your original post the instruction for the USB fix was:
Code (Text):

Change EC0 to EC
Find 453305F
Replace 45435F5F

However, in the image you posted above showing me which section to put these in the values in the field for change EC0 to EC are different
Find 4543305f
replace 45435f5f

I used the latter because I wasn't able to enter in the former without Clover changing what I inputted. Can you verify that the second is the correct one to use?

thanks

@pastrychef: ... I am assuming the only reason to use migration assistant is to bring over all the apps...

All the apps, your files and all the settings. Personally I've moved between computers a bunch of times using the Migration Assistent.

I'm a web application developer. This means I have a lot of different servers, services, vm's and configurations. On windows it took me months to move to a new computer; that is until everything was right again. And this process had to be repeated every major upgrade of the OS as well - so much wasted time and resources trying to remember noting down every configuration or setting.

On macOS roughly a day -because of the file transfers and installation- and I'm back .. like nothing really has changed. It really depends on your profile, use case and how important that machine is/how much time you have.

Thanks to the excellent guides I'm having a blast installing MacOS on the Asus :) the only thing I cannot get to work is video/audio playback in safari/iTunes and no sound. Does that work for you? Which method did you use?

Alas I cannot help you with your gfx as I have a gf 1060 myself. I'm running 10.12.6, with the nvidea drivers. Didn't really have to do anything special, but then again I'm not really a pc gamer - I just want enough power to run a bunch of 4K screens.

@pastrychef: I will try putting in the 950 and maybe run a few tests... as for transplanting, I have a 2008 Mac Pro that cant run Sierra. So I don't think I want to go through the process of transplanting and upgrading. I am assuming the only reason to use migration assistant is to bring over all the apps you have?

Yes, if you are not on Sierra on the MacPro3,1, don't transplant.

Migration Assistant can transfer apps and settings.

I will answer my own questions: youtube and iTunes did not playback anything because of the not working audio kext files. I do see the devices in het system settings but when I select them it doesn't work. I found an ancient USB audio device, and while I still have no sound b/c of a stupid driver check by the external card, everything does play when I select the device in system settings.

This is that card: https://www.cnet.com/products/creative-usb-sound-blaster-audigy-2-nx/review/ came out in 2004. when no official drivers are detected it automatically mutes. This was one of the major issues with that card.

I will buy a new creative usb card instead. Everything else I need works perfectly, so I already consider my build a success!

So I got imessage working!!! yay.
I also created a custom ssdt and applied it. I was having issues with my external hard drive kept giving me a message that it was not ejected properly. I noticed that the usb 2 ports had connector values of 3 rather than 0. Dunno if this was what was causing that issue so I decided to work through that guide. after a couple hours I think I finally got it done. But now i am stuck on this step:

Once you've generated and installed your SSDT for the USB ports, install XHCI-200-series-injector.kext which is part of OS-X-USB-Inject-All.

Can you tell me which file to use in that link? There are a bunch of files. And how to install it?

Sorry but i am lost. I've read and read and still can't figure out how to install XHCI-200-series-injector.kext. would you be able to guide me through this?

May I know why you used this SSDT? I usually never see anyone mentioning this in their builds.

SSDT-GFX0 can be used to implement Native HDMI Audio but it also injects Connector Ports. Look at the SSDT closer you'll notice its contents.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "GFX0_HDA", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (GFX0, DeviceObj)    // Warning: Unknown object

Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Scope (GFX0)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LNot (Arg2))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                          
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x0E)
                {
                    "@0,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"@1,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"@2,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"@3,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"@4,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"@5,connector-type",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    },

"hda-gfx",
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-2"
                    }
                })
            }
        }

Device (HDAU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LNot (Arg2))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                          
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "hda-gfx",
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-2"
                    }
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

but it also injects Connector Ports.

So one can use the same SSDT for any GFX card irrespective of third party vendor cards? like some GFX card have different port layout right!? (My SSDT reading knowledge is limited, sorry if I just asked the dumbest question :) )

So one can use the same SSDT for any GFX card irrespective of third party vendor cards? like some GFX card have different port layout right!? (My SSDT reading knowledge is limited, sorry if I just asked the dumbest question :) )

The edits in SSDT-GFX0 can be used for both Nvidia & Radeon Graphics. Onboard iGPU requires different ACPI edits. But requires PEG0, PEGP to be renamed depending on ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back