Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I setted the BIOS like the first post of the topic suggested (I couldn't set only the second USB configuration).

Extreme Tweaker
  • Ai Overclock Tuner > XMP
  • Xtreme Tweaking > Enabled
Advanced
  • System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disabled
  • PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 Entries > Disabled
  • APM Configuration > Power on by PCI-E/PCI > Disabled
  • USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
  • USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled (I DON'T HAVE THIS OPTION ON MY BIOS)
  • CPU Configuration > Intel Virtualization Technology > Enabled*
Boot
  • Fast Boot > Disabled
  • Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
  • Boot Option 1 > USB installer stick (the UEFI choice if there are two entries)

I made an assumption that you were using a PEG card not IGPU, am I correct?
Also, my BIOS does not have the last two options that were on your screen shot (the two after the multi-monitor option. What version is your BIOS? My version is 1009 x64.

As far as the BIOS options you listed... they look correct. Did you begin by setting the BIOS to Load Optimized Defaults and THEN make those changes? I don’t use the Intel Virtualkized Tech option. For me it is OFF.

Are you still booting from the USB and not the internal SSD?

I noticed there is a bad CPU ID according to verbose output.

Please upload proper reporting files, at the very least, config.plist.

I setted the BIOS like the first post of the topic suggested (I couldn't set only the second USB configuration).

• USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto

that should be "Legacy."

• USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled (I DON'T HAVE THIS OPTION ON MY BIOS)

Make sure keyboard/mouse emulator is "Disabled".

Thanks to both of you, now it works!
I activated the Legacy Support and the keyboard/mouse emulator was already disabled. But nothing changed.
After I changed the FakeCPUID on config.plist and set to 0x0506E3 and now it works.

But is seems that the FakeCPUID was my problem. :-\

Because you had the wrong one in there... ;)

Hi, for those planning to follow this guide to build their Sierra 10.12.6 build, I've a few points...

My rig was due for an upgrade and I chose my motherboard (IX Hero) and CPU (7700k) because they're at a good prices now and because when I read this guide I realised this was the way to go. I can't thank the OP enough.

However after a day of mixed results I discovered that some of the steps have now become irrelevant and were actually creating problems. So after a lot of confusion and frustration I decided to start over again for the 20th time, but this time kind of seeing what happens if I really didn't care.

I reloaded the optimised values in the BIOS (v 1203) and then only disabled Turbo mode for the CPU (my CPU has been overheating) and disabled CSM completely. Then I booted from the pendrive I created with Unibeast, with both monitors plugged directly to GTX 1070 and all USB devices connected. After a couple minutes or so the installation screen came up. Installed Sierra as normal. Booted again from the pendrive but selected the hard drive. Again no need for arguments at all. Got to the first setup screen, did not enter my Apple ID credentials, got to the desktop, ran MultiBeast and then selected:
  • Quick Start/UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers/Network/Intel Mausi Ethernet 2.3.0
  • Drivers/USB/Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
  • Bootloaders/Clover 2.4 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
  • Customise/Graphics Configuration/Mac Pro/Nvidia Web Drivers Boot Flag
  • Customise/System Definitions/iMac 18,3
  • Build... Install... Enter password... Done. I did not restart after this!
So I was like "know what, I don't care" and installed the Nvidia drivers. Then restarted.
Booted directly from the hard drive, got to the logon screen and both monitors are on! Swapped around, but on.

Before getting audio to work I should have tried getting USB to work, but all ports were working. My Canon printer was working, my Logitech webcam was working, and even this cheap bluetooth USB dongle I got off Amazon was working. Everything working but audio, so I went to try and get audio to work. And I wasted a lot of time simply because I did not pay attention to the OP's instructions. He points us to a page where you can get VoodooHDA kexts, but on this page there are links to an installer. I went for the installer and I got audio working!

I was feeling confident now. Made a backup image of the SSD, took a deep breath and installed the 2018 update. Upon restart everything was ugly. Then the Nvidia driver window comes up telling me I should update the driver. I did. Restarted and everything was fine again.

Then it was time for iCloud/iMessage/FaceTime. I followed @P1LGRIM's An iDiot's Guide to iMessage and got it working right away. If anyone is going to follow that tutorial, I strongly suggest you follow it to the letter.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/members/374452/
@bombardier mentions power issues. I don't seem to have any. I don't have the habit of putting a desktop PC to sleep, I always shut it down, and for that it's fine. I did put it to sleep just to test and it worked, but it took like 20 seconds?

The only strange thing was earlier today when I was using Firefox and the entire system went slow and unresponsive. Being an old Windows rat I was like "where's the task manager?!" then before I could even figure if there is an equivalent, everything was fine again.

Again, thanks Bombardier and P1lgrim. I hope this helps those in the future trying to get Sierra working on this kit.

and now because I hate myself, I'm going to try my luck with High Sierra. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back