Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us still on nVidia....

I managed to update to the new Security Update 2018-002 without thinking... I know, I spanked myself for doing it.

The update changed the OSX Build version from 10.13.6 (17G65) to 10.13.6. (17G3025) which messes with nVidias version checking and disabled the nVidia driver. I had to reinstall the 387.10.10.10.40.105 driver but the installer would not let me - It complained about the OS version number being unsupported. I thought that old bug was fixed and over with but I guess not. I remembered that we used to edit a .plist file to get the drivers to load and I wasn't remembering how to do that so I researched and found that there is a script that does all that for us.

Go here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

and run that script as is. It will edit that plist for you and install the current driver without complaint.

Last edited:
Glad you got that working, Bob. I tried to do exactly that when I accidentally updated to the last security update in Sierra. It didn't work for me. Not saying it won't, but just a warning that there are possibly other things at play that might make it not work on all Hacks.

I'm still on Sierra, yes. I just had to wait until the new drivers were released (I'm talking previous to this SecUpd), and I'm on 378.05.05.25f10.

Are you saying that even though you and I were on two different OS's we both got the same Security Update? That's interesting...

That script ran for me perfectly. It checks for OS version and attempts to match it with the correct Driver. In my case it said that there was not exact match but would I like to try version 387.10.10.10.40.105? Since I was already running with that bad boy I said to go ahead and the script worked as designed.

No, I think I might have confused the issue. With the previous update (2018-001) I ran into the same issue, and at that point, that updater tool didn't work for me, and I had to wait until new drivers were released. I'm just saying that it's perhaps not necessarily going to work for all installations.

@JCMunsonII would you mind sharing your latest EFI folder (you can of course remove the serial number from the plist)?! I'm having trouble to get Quick Look and Preview working by enabling iGPU in bios. If I do that the boot process will simply stuck at "couldn't allocate runtime area". I'm trying to understand if maybe I'm missing some patches or even a specific kext / kext version.

@Roboter - attach your config and show us your kexts and we'll take a look.

OK, so you do mind sharing your files, but here we go, here are my files.

Attachments

• drivers.png
    drivers.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 136
  • kexts.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Kexts look OK, though I don't know what NoVPA.jpeg.kext does (I don't have that one). I'm not sure, but, there may be a conflict with the two APTIO efi drivers - I suggest you pick one. I do not have VBoxHFS, but do use HFSPlus. My ApfsDriverLoader is named differently than yours (non-64).

In looking through your config, if you are using the current Lilu + WhateverGreen, you should remove the Intel GFX information - no Fake ID and no ig-platform-id. Lilu + WhateverGreen auto-determine this. Also, I don't believe you should have "disablegfxfirmware" boot flag set (I don't).

Of course, make sure Clover & Clover Configurator are current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back