Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
An online version of the manual can be found here. I linked it to the profile saving option. Note they state its best not to load BIOS settings from a different version of the BIOS you have running. I wonder, that being the case, if they're loading the entire BIOS options instead of just the differences (which would, in my mind, be smarter)...

Thanks JC, and Stork. I like to think of these posts as good notes on what we've done, but I've also kept a few text documents with some details in. An actual, physical notebook is a good idea too, though!

As for the BIOS - it does seem a little pointless if loading old profiles into new isn't recommended. I think taking pictures will be useful for me going forwards as well.

Aside from the overclocking settings, which are not necessarily applicable to everyone, the BIOS settings I've used are documented in the setup section of the build post.

Relative to the overclocking settings (in my case), I used the Extreme Tweaking -> Overclocking Presets -> 5G option, then set the proper RAM frequency on the Extreme Tweaking page a little below the XMP setting (can't recall that option name off-the-top of my head, but was easy to find there).

BTW, BIOS 1203 seems to be a little easier on the fans - probably some microkernel adjustments made...

Overclocking is the one thing I haven't done (and am a little paranoid about doing so). Fan noise is minimal too, and can't say I noticed much of a difference between 1203 and the previous one - but maybe that non-overclocking is why.

Yes, not overclocking will keep the fan noise down of course. ;)

7/24/2017 -
Migrated from 14,2 to 18,3 as that more closely matches the hardware in-use...
...You will need RehabMan's updated USBInjectAll.kext to facilitate this sysdef.
As per your build, I've already done the USB port discovery to get it under the limit etc. Do I need to make any changes to the USBInjectAll.kext or simply install it with KextBeast?

You should no longer need USBInjectAll if you have done the power management & USB port fixes. I don't have it present any more.

Otherwise, no, no changes are needed - just install with KextBeast if you wish to put it in L/E, otherwise, copy it to C/k/o.

Ah, OK, great. I assumed that as it was on your ‘updates’ you’d needed to do that. Looks like I don’t need to do anything other than change to 18,3 and re-do iCloud stuff. Perfect, thanks!

I don't remember when I dropped USBInjectAll so I can't update the update... :/

Thanks a lot @JCMunsonII for your nice post! Very good build description. you already help me a lot!
Heroica club it's perfect!
20171122_052826.jpg

Thanks a lot all of you @ tonymac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back