Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
If those are "megabits per second" I think those are correct speeds - but I'm not that well versed. Maybe @RehabMan can provide some guidance there.

If you have not done the custom USB port patch, you must do so. Your USB ports cannot exceed 15 per hub.

@Bob_the_Tomato : In a USB 3.0 port with a USB 2.0 key, I am getting 14/40MBs. With a USB 3.0 key in a USB 3.0 port, I am getting 39/129MBs.

After perusing the internet for information about USB speeds, it seems that the actual data transfer rate you end up with really depends on how much you spend! Flash memory varies quite a lot. Look at the Read and Write speeds listed on this list:

http://www.bestproducts.com/tech/gadgets/g502/usb-flash-drives-memory-storage/

I can't vouch for this site but it was one of the few that even bothered to list Read and Write speeds.
I have several of these: SanDisk Cruzer Fits, a couple of Sandisk Cruiser Glides and a new Sony Dual connector model USM16CA1. I even have a LaCie Rugged Key. None of them reach the speeds of this puppy: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E17LOMU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 with 400MBs Read and 180MBS write.

Nice bit of research there - very informative. Personally, I never gave it a second thought! :D

Thanks a lot of JCMunsonII for this post.

I had the same start point as you, an old MacBook, so I couldn't perform a straightforward Sierra installation.

All your instructions and comment worked fine for me, beside I learned a lot of in this build. If my first time in hackintosh.

BR,
JI

JoseIbanez, welcome to the tonymacx86 Forum and the HERO Club! :thumbup:

@JoseIbanez Welcome to the HERO club! I see @Stork has already handed you the membership card. :D

I managed to make Audio to work without VoodooHDA.

If you want your build to become a golden build, you may be interested in fixing everything. :) However I'm not sure what's needed for a golden build, it's only my assumption :D

First make sure to backup `AppleHDA.kext` from S/L/E.
  1. Use this script to detect your codec etc.:
  2. Use method 3.A from this guide:
  3. Just in case use Kext Wizard to rebuild permission and kernel cache.
  4. Reboot. (The audio will not yet work.)
  5. Use this guide now to fix the issue:
  6. Just in case use Kext Wizard to rebuild permission and kernel cache.
  7. Reboot & Profit. :)

Sooo, after iTunes 12.7 refused to run... I reinstalled OS X 10.12.6 and got iTunes to execute correctly.
BUT....I lost audio again. No problem, I thought, I'd just go through this again... no bananas...

I've tried every method listed in Toledea's QuickFix link, removing each one after they did not work. Actually, the one I did not try was using a HEX editor to manually edit the HDA file.

Still pulling my hair out... I just might try Vooodooo... I mean the software not the hex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back