Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, TS.

Did you manage to make the thunderbolt 3 work? As mine doesn't work at all.

Thanks

I don't know who TS is, however, as I have no Thunderbolt devices, I have no idea if they work or not with the board as OOB.

I do know Thunderbolt devices must be active (turned on) prior to booting the computer.

TS = Topic starter.

By the way, is the thunderbolt shown in the system report?

TS = Topic starter.

By the way, is the thunderbolt shown in the system report?
Thunderbolt devices do not display unless they are connected and available prior to boot - to my knowledge.

I do not know anything more than that at this point.

rylim, see my response to your post here.

7/7/2017 - Thanks to @pastrychef 's Gene build, iBooks now works by doing the following:
  1. Re-enable the on-board graphics as per initial build. You might also want to reference Pastrychef's post here.
  2. Make sure you have moved the Rename GFX0 -> IGPU PRIOR TO the nVidia PEGP -> GFX0!!! Otherwise, you'll end up with graphics card overlap and it won't work.
  3. Set the ig-platform-id to 0x19120000. 0x19120001 will NOT work with iBooks.
  4. Reboot, and temporarily move your monitor cable to the IGPU input. - no longer necessary.
  5. In BIOS, Advanced, System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics (under VT-d) > Primary Display -> AUTO, and set the DVMT Prealloc to 512 (1024 will NOT work!).
  6. Save & reboot, moving the monitor cable back to the nVidia card.
  7. At the present moment, iBooks will give you some icon glitches. Strangely, these seem to resolve themselves, but the Apple menu remains glitched when not selected. I think there is a fix for that somewhere...
(NOTE: The OP has been updated with this information)

EDIT: After a few reboots (I was doing other things), the icons have fixed themselves.

Last edited:
@pastrychef - any thoughts on how to resolve this (should be similar to your Gene build):

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 9.56.51 AM.png

Whether the Intel 630 is "on" or not doesn't matter, and whether I use ig-platform-id 0x19120001 doesn't matter either...

I do only have the trial version of MacX Video Converter Pro, and it doesn't mention that hardware encoding is crippled - only a time limit is imposed...

Attachments

• 20170706_Heroica_DualCard.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 57
  • config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 192
Comment: Rename HECI to IMEI
Find: 48454349
Replace: 494d454920

Why does this contain `20` at the end? It's a whitespace, plus it would mean you're replacing one character out of your original range. My default automatic patch setting is `494d4549`.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back