Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI Z390 + i9-9900K + GTX 1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anybody is reading this thread and trying to figure out Bluetooth is not working with the WiFi version on the ROG Maximus XI. I have tip to share.

The issue I see is that using the SHIFT-OPTION click on the Bluetooth menu near the clock always show 00-00-00-00. To fix this I just boot into a Windows drive I have enabled for the same machine. Add a Bluetooth device (or maybe just make sure its turned on in Windows). Reboot back into macOS, and it will magically now have an address and your Apple Bluetooth devices can be added.

I don't need WiFi. I always use a Ethernet cable, but I like the convenience of the built in Bluetooth. It works on my Z170-I for the last 3+ yrs...

(I actually have the Broadcom card here (not the PCIe full card). I just never needed to install it!

The only thing not working is the Audio. I updated the image from 10.13.6 from the Asus Z170-I to Mojave. It seems that the Audio patch using MultiBeast is just not working for me....
I have just started in Hackintosh world, and I have some issues:

High Sierra:
While installing the last update, the forbidden sign appears...

Mojave:
The installation stops in 2 minutes remaining.

Do you have a step by step that I could follow and finally enjoy my Hackintosh?
Booting with Windows 10 everything is fine!

I have just started in Hackintosh world, and I have some issues:

High Sierra:
While installing the last update, the forbidden sign appears...

Mojave:
The installation stops in 2 minutes remaining.

Do you have a step by step that I could follow and finally enjoy my Hackintosh?
Booting with Windows 10 everything is fine!
Yes...its a three part process.....after 2min freeze.....reboot....you should get boot mac OS install from Mojave listed in clover options.....this will happen twice....then you should get a new choice install mac OS from Mojave or whatever your USB install is named...sometimes it will reboot itself or you will need to reboot system. Look for Mojave three part install process.

@mrchrister
Nice one,ripping my hair out with Clover on the same motherboard i9 and a GTX 1080 Ti. Have noticed my other Mac is acting really slowly since I ran Clover config. I mean like it's about to bite the dust. Thanks for the EFI. I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Hello,

I'm brand new to the world of Hackintosh and PC Building in general. I have the parts listed below in my system and have been trying for months to get it to boot Mojave with no luck. I recently found this thread, and it has been incredibly helpful by describing issues with this particular hardware (which I too am having issue with), but my unfamiliarity with these different programs and customization have left me overwhelmed. I'm hoping someone can walk me through a more customized guide to make my system work, since I'm having to stray off the path of conventional guides for these unique hardware issues without knowing what I'm doing. I'll list below the steps I've tried and the results of them.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Silent Loop 280 94.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 NVMe Solid State Drive
Case: be quiet! Dark Base 700 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Antec 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

These parts are intended to also be included, but are not installed until the system can boot:
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB M.2-2280 NVMe Solid State Drive
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 580 8 GB Phantom Gaming X Video Card
Custom: JIUWU External 1394B PCIe Card Firewire 800 IEEE1394B PCI Express

I should also mention that my BIOS is version 1005, which some posters say worked for them.

-I first attempted to use UniBeast and MultiBeast from a guide on the tonymacx86 website titled:
unibeast-install-macos-mojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381
(I'm not posting complete links because I've posted this 6 times and it keeps being deleted for "advertising" hopefully the description is enough for it to be found)

I've created the boot drive several times, in different combinations of UEFI and Legacy, and only gotten the error message:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Based on the guide, I did the following to my BIOS:
  1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
    BIOS is automatic
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
    Done
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
    Done by default, verified
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
    Done by default, verified
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
    Deleted secure boot keys to disable it.
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
    Done
  7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
    Either I do not have this, or cannot find it in any settings.
  8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
    Done
  9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
    I don’t think this applies to me
  10. Save and exit.
    Done

I also tried enabling the CSM to get boot priorities and overrides in all combinations, but these haven't gotten me any further.

-After I found this thread, I started attempting to use Clover and Clover Configurator based on another site.

I couldn't install Clover on my MacBook Air, and I realized it was supposed to go onto the USB. Once loaded there, I tried to use the Configurator to add the ACPI Fix, as copied from NCMacGuy 's ZIP (Thanks!). This got me a new error:

boot0af: error

I followed this guide to solve it from insanelymac.com, but it just started in legacy mode with no drive detected.
301255-how-to-fix-the-boot0af-error-using-clover

-Like I said, now that I am straying from guides and trying to mix and match suggestions and patches from different advice sources without having any idea of what it is I'm doing, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I can provide any more information if anyone here is willing and able to help me with customized steps for this machine. Please let me know what you need (and most likely some brief steps on how I can get it for you.)

Thanks.

What BIOS version were you using for this? I have the same board. Got stuck right at the end of the progress bar, then never saw anything else happen.

Also, would it matter if I wanted to use on board graphics until I got the install complete, upgraded to Mojave, then switched to my Radeon 7?

The question is why I'm I having trouble starting the install? I've switched usb ports. I did install Mojave before that andran into the 2 minutes left but I was able to restart and boot from the pre boot install drive and it finished that way.
I have got this problem. I want to know How to fix this problem. Thank you

Hello - Looking for some advice on buying a compatible GPU with my Hackintosh (Specs below). I have installed HS 10.13.6 and is booting successfully (monitor connected to DP via GPU) alongside Windows 10. I have the 1660 Ti which is not supported and would like to throw in a <$200 for a GPU that is supported by Catalina. Any suggestions would really help. I have read through some guides on NVIDIA and AMD GPUs that are compatible but not able to nail down on a single card.

What's working:
  • Ethernet, Bluetooth
  • Dual Boot Win10 and HS
  • All USB Ports (Including Panel Front I/O)
Not Working:
  • Constant flickering issues (playing youtube videos though!). When I move the mouse the screen flickers
  • Wifi
  • Audio
Motherboard - Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wi-fi)
CPU - i9900k
Graphics - NVIDIA 1660 Ti
RAM - 64GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 (16GB*4)
NVMe - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB (Running Windows 10)
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 256 GB running Mac OS High Sierra
HDD - WD RED NAS 6 TB x 2
Case - Fractal Design Meshify S2
Cooler - Corsair H150i Pro

I would like to run Final Cut Pro for some decent video editing and enjoy a smoother experience without any flickers! Any pointers in a new GPU purchase would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello - Looking for some advice on buying a compatible GPU with my Hackintosh (Specs below). I have installed HS 10.13.6 and is booting successfully (monitor connected to DP via GPU) alongside Windows 10. I have the 1660 Ti which is not supported and would like to throw in a <$200 for a GPU that is supported by Catalina. Any suggestions would really help...
I recommend the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card.

Thanks for the prompt response. Gonna go for RX 580!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back