Contribute
Register

Success | ASUS ProArt z490, 10700k, Radeon VII - MacPro Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I fixed TB3 with the help of this video:

Thanks...I can't get my Hackintool to even recognize the Apollo Device if it's plugged into the two TB3 ports on the back of the MB. Any chance you could post your EFI? I'm guessing I have something wrong in the ACPI or kexts, maybe in my plist config, would greatly appreciate it!

Hey all, I finally got my UAD Twin X to work on the ProArt Hackintosh, HOWEVER, now the Twin is sending static fuzz to the Yamaha HS8 monitors. Def caused by Thunderbolt, not sure what's up, I've tried rewiring, moving stuff around, etc etc...anybody else have this issue?

Hey all, I finally got my UAD Twin X to work on the ProArt Hackintosh, HOWEVER, now the Twin is sending static fuzz to the Yamaha HS8 monitors. Def caused by Thunderbolt, not sure what's up, I've tried rewiring, moving stuff around, etc etc...anybody else have this issue?
Can you please elaborate how's your build today? I'm thinking in get the same motherboard and seems to me that your build is one of the few which has succeed getting MacOS installed.
How's the hardware all around compatibility? Can you list what's working and what's not?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, would you guys be willing to share your EFI folder?

please how did you set Bios on Asus z490?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last weeks I've been working on my first Hackintosh, and I'm finally able to post it as a success. I needed a new Workstation for Video editing with DaVinci Resolve,, I thought of buying the new Mac Pro but 6000$ was to much for me. So I started exploring the Hackintosh Universe and started with the plans for my first build.

My Hardware:
Mainboard: ASUS ProArt Z490
CPU: Intel i7-10700K (8x3.8GHz)
RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB 2666MHz Kingston HyperX)
GPU: AMD Radeon VII 16GB + iGPU
Fenvi T919 Wifi/Bluetooth Card
1TB m.2 SSD
PSU: Corsair HX1000
Pioneer BluRay Drive

macOS 10.15.6 | OpenCore 0.5.9

Working:
Everything so far
iGPU (driving the Monitor over HDMI) + Radeon VII
Sleep/Wake/Restart
BluRay Drive - open/close in original optical drive bay

Not tested:
Onboard Ethernet, 10G Ethernet Card (included at the ProArt Mobo), Thunderbolt3.

Things to add/change:
still waiting for the Fenvi t919 Bluetooth/WiFi card
Blackmagic Decklink MiniMonitor PCI Card will be added for SDI Output in Davinci Resolve

Because the Machine is going to be used for DaVinci Resolve, which relies heavily on GPU performance, I built my rig around the AMD Radeon VII which is currently the most powerful GPU that is supported natively by macOS. Then I chose the Intel i7-10700K and the ASUS ProArt z490 Creator Mainbord. The hole thing should be housed in a Mac Pro 1,1 Case which is in my opinion the most beautiful PC Tower ever made. I converted the Mac Pro Case to a ATX Case with the ATX Conversion Kit by LaserHive (thelaserhive.com).
The Mouting plate for the Mainboard attaches to the screws of the top shelf and cables can be routed under the plate. On the back plate are mounting holes for the PSU and a standard 120mm fan can be used.

View attachment 483573
First, I had to put out everything of the Mac Pro, and then I started cutting the Back to install the Back plate from LaserHive. To power the Hackintoh I chose the Corsair HX1000 PSU. My rig should use about 750W, but with a 1000W PSU I'm able to install a second GPU if I need more power in the future. On the Image below you can also see the Mounting Plate for the ATX Mainboard which mounts to the screws from the top shelf and is able to hold every standard ATX Board.

The next Step was to install the Mainboard (ASUS ProArt z490) with the CPU (Intel i7-10700K) and the 32GB of RAM (2x 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4). To cool the CPU I chose the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. I wanted the rig to look as clean as possible, and I mainly chose black hardware without any LED lights.

View attachment 483574
View attachment 483575

I had to cut out a big piece from the top shelf to fit the mainboard so I lost the great HDD slots of the Mac Pro.

View attachment 483576

I wanted to keep the original Mac Pro fans in the front push the Air throw to the back like it was designed originally. The original Mac fans can be connected directly to mainboard but need to be changed to DC in the BIOS Settings. The original fans are a little bit louder than my bequiet! fans. I'm also able to use the first HDD Slots, and I'm going to cut the second one so I can use it to cover the cuttings. The gap between the fans and the mainboard will be to be covered with black acryl to cover the cables.

Finally, I could begin with the installation.

I booted via my OpenCore USB Stick and started the installation. I had a few problems but could solve all of them.

The first error i got during the installation was the >Forcing CS Runtime...< witch was a problem with the GPU so I took it out and tried it with the iGPU.

View attachment 483577

I took out the Radeon VII and tried again.
Then I got stuck at a Kernel Panic because of the Intel Audio.

View attachment 483578

I disabled the Intel Audio in the BIOS and then I was able to install macOS but without my Radeon VII and without onboard Audio. Then a great guy from the German hackintosh forum saved my live and solved all of the problems with the kernel panics. You can find the thread here: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49560-probleme-bei-der-installation

I just had to change some things in the config.plist

View attachment 483579

Then my config.plist was finally done, and I could reboot the system and enabled the Intel Audio in the BIOS, install the Radeon VII and, finally, everything worked.

View attachment 483582

I'm still waiting for my Fenvi T919 Wifi/Bluetooth Card so that's not working so far. I have a wired Keyboard and Mouse until I can finally use my Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard.

On the front I installed two USB 3.1 Ports in the original USB Ports of the Mac.

If you have questions about the process or want to get my EFI just send me a message. It's my first build so I'm not an expert but I try to help as much as I can.

Thanks to everybody of the Hackintosh Community!

I'll make some better photos of the build and update them in the post in the next days
hi sir i installed the os on same board please send the efi
i installed bigsur

hi sir i need your efi file please help me i am vayr sad . i need make my pc mac for logix pro

I guess he never shared the EFI HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back