Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave 10.14.2 - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Op, recognize it was a while since you did this build I'm using the same motherboard as you with an i5-9400 so using Igpu rather than an external GPU. First time building a hackintosh, created my bootable stick and it booted perfectly, when I try to install it says I need an internet connection.

Using the Ethernet port on the MB and was wondering if you could share which driver you used if possible?

Thanks in advance, and must say great build guide the HDMI comment at the end really sorted me out!

Thanks.
Dave

Hello Op, recognise it was a while since you did this build I'm using the same motherboard as you with an i5-9400 so using Igpu rather than an external GPU. First time building a hackintosh, created my bootable stick and it booted perfectly, when I try to install it says I need an internet connection.

Using the Ethernet port on the MB and was wondering if you could share which driver you used if possible?

Thanks in advance, and must say great build guide the HDMI comment at the end really sorted me out!

Thanks.
Dave

It shouldn't say internet connection is needed to install. Though if you are asking its Realtek. Take a look from my post #1 and check the MultiBeast screeshot.

It shouldn't say internet connection is needed to install. Though if you are asking its Realtek. Take a look from my post #1 and check the MultiBeast screeshot.

Got it, thanks for that. Should have clarified, I've actually used OpenCore to create the USB stick on my Windows PC. So it just downloads the Recovery partition and downloads the rest from Apple's servers during install. (So I'm led to believe.) Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

I have installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my ASUS PRIME Z390-P | I5 9400 | 32 GB RAM 3200 | NVMe 512TB.
Most of the things works fine But no matter what I do, I can't get UHD 630 with HDMI and I don't have DP to test.

can anyone help?

I have installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my ASUS PRIME Z390-P | I5 9400 | 32 GB RAM 3200 | NVMe 512TB.
Most of the things works fine But no matter what I do, I can't get UHD 630 with HDMI and I don't have DP to test.

can anyone help?

Check @CaseySJ's beautiful tutorial and if you are in hurry then try ASUS Prime Z390-A Framebuffer patches described there.

ASUS Prime Z390-A Worked for me. thanks.
The only problem left for me is sleep. I couldn't find any solution for it.

ASUS Prime Z390-A Worked for me. thanks.
The only problem left for me is sleep. I couldn't find any solution for it.

Try dart=0 & darkwake=8 in boot argument or check my config file.

Hey there!
New idea about internal network card issue. Maybe manual hardware configuration will works?
Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 15.12.11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back