Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave 10.14.2 - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a search for apfs_module_start:1393 ???

Hi , i find this post and works for the moment i boot and now i chose the install to ssd.

if i have more problems i say it, for the moment i install high sierra.

Hi, I finish the installation Asus Prime z390/p and intel i9 9900k. First to boot I use EFIBoot and easy to install no issues. After the installation I install Nvidia web and multibeast but with the clover boot from multibeast don't work so I use other EFI to boot the system.
Everything works well audio, internet etc.. the only issue I have , when I shutdown the system the screen and system is off but the computer no, so I have to shutdown from the button.

Attachments

• EFIBoot.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 221
  • EFIAfterInstalacionm.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 173
Sorry for slow response. For some reason my post contain some wrong kexts (not related to this mobo), and since I have apple wi-fi card - I did not know that my network does not work either. I did quick research - and here my build steps with running network:

- same EFI, with empty folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- by Clover Configurator (5.9.3.0)-> mount EFI -> open config.plist -> Kext Installer -> OS Version: Other (list of files to download in EFI_kexts.txt attached)
- also here SLE and LE folder states for reference (no additional kexts installed) in txt files
View attachment 453582
View attachment 453583

Hi yastin,

I checked our differences, the only think that I found was the "FakeSMC.kext" that you use to my "VirtualSMC.kext".
I changed that on my site, but after I booted in Windows and afterwards booted MacOS again my Network was broken again.
If I re-plug the Network cable it works.

Really crazy this error.
I use the newest Bios from Nov.2019 and I also use clover in Boot Version 5104.
I saw the 5105 but I was not able to download it.

If you have any other Idea, please give me a hint....

Thanks and regards
kaminkehrer

If you have any other Idea, please give me a hint....

Well, hard to say. Did you try my whole EFI folder (with new set of kexts)? Maybe you should try fresh install?
Is there options related in BIOS?

probably the faster and easy way for you is to buy another network card (pci-e or usb)...
here my solution for cases like yours:
779C688A-40BD-4161-9505-1B890F6B0C22.jpeg

it's cheap and small, so will work for notebooks as well.

btw, for best hackintosh experience I would suggest you to buy apple wifi/bluetooth so you can use original apple keyboard/trackpad and connect iphone/watch etc...

Well, hard to say. Did you try my whole EFI folder (with new set of kexts)? Maybe you should try fresh install?
Is there options related in BIOS?

probably the faster and easy way for you is to buy another network card (pci-e or usb)...
here my solution for cases like yours:
View attachment 455075
it's cheap and small, so will work for notebooks as well.

btw, for best hackintosh experience I would suggest you to buy apple wifi/bluetooth so you can use original apple keyboard/trackpad and connect iphone/watch etc...

Hello Yastin,

could you please so kind and send me your EFI.
I still working on my ethernet connect.
All other thinks working fin in Catalina 10.15.4

Regards
kaminkehrer

Hi Poles, thanks for sharing this build, seems like a really good bang for your buck CPU/mobo combination. I'm considering a similar build, Z390-P with i5-9600K (combined €350 right now for a 11256 CPU benchmark, yes please). My question: did you overclock yours and if so, how's the Z390-P dealing with the heat? Seems to me like the point of getting a K CPU/Z chipset is overclocking, but I'm not sure how the Z390-P is performing in that regard. You reckon I could comfortably OC mine with a decent cooler? Was thinking of something like a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. Cheers man

@kaminkehrer : Do you tried this method yet? I will upgrade to Catalina as I'm stuck at home due to Covid-19 outbreak and the CPU is not with me.

Hi Poles, thanks for sharing this build, seems like a really good bang for your buck CPU/mobo combination. I'm considering a similar build, Z390-P with i5-9600K (combined €350 right now for a 11256 CPU benchmark, yes please). My question: did you overclock yours and if so, how's the Z390-P dealing with the heat? Seems to me like the point of getting a K CPU/Z chipset is overclocking, but I'm not sure how the Z390-P is performing in that regard. You reckon I could comfortably OC mine with a decent cooler? Was thinking of something like a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. Cheers man

I didn't tried to overclock it yet. As I was using Cooler Master Hyper 410R Air Cooler, the heat is under control.

Hi Poles,

I have nearly tried all thinks.
Catalina is up and running really fine.
The only problem that I have is. I have to plug out the Network Plug ones at the beginning.
But I have to do this only I have boote to windows before....

I have done a complete new installation in the meanwhile but the same problem.
Due to this new installation there is no need for cleaning up my directories...

Regards
Kaminkehrer

Hi Poles,

hopefully you are fine.

Please take a look at the following link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-everything-works-asus-z390-i-gaming-i7-8700k-sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-vega-64-build.272572/page-366#post-2108862

User CaroImperio also use a Prime Z390-P and he has uploaded a OpenCore EFI for catalina.
Maybe this will be a good basis for your update.

I'm currently very happy with my installation.
I bought an intel Network card (IBM Intel PRO/1000 PT FP Dual Port Adapter) and this is working out of the box with no additional kext.

Regards
kaminkehrer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back