Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave 10.14.2 - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you tell me to change keyboard?

Borrow from someone...so that you can press f1. By the way once again the problem is related to memory. Windows can recover it but hackintosh can't. In which slots did you put the rams in your mobo?

Hi @poles , finally I've managed to get a 99% working hackintosh. I've I wanted to know if you was able to enable native NVRAM on our motherboard

Did you install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi on EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI yet? If not then intall it and clear NVRAM and Kext Cache using Mac Optimizer 2.4 (google it) or use nvram -c (At clover boot screen select shell icon, type in the terminal).
Finally reboot.

How to check nvram:

NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar

Hello,
I made an update to Catalina and my Network will not work again.

I already deleted all file in "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/"
I also copied the *.kext files from "EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other" to "/Library/Extensions" via hacking tool.
I set the two RTVariables before.

But still after a shutdown and new start the Hackintosh gets no IP-Adress.
After a replug of the network cable it works...

Could anyone give me a tip to resolve my Network problem with Catalina, please.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards
kaminkehrer

In Catalina Apple has changed the write permission of system partition. By default its read only. You need to first enable write permission then install kext in Library/Extensions. Lastly don't forget to clear kext cache after kext installation. For more info check this post, specially "I can't install kexts to /Library/Extensions/ or any script into Installation partition ?"

Hello poles,

I have done that but still no Network :(.

I followed all what you have liked round about Christmas in this thread and made rw and copied kext via Hackintool.
But Ethernet will not work.

I'm very pleased to get any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
just in case:
[SUCCESS] Catalina 10.15.3 | ASUS PRIME Z390-P | I3 8350K | 16 GB RAM | NVMe 1TB (OEM 961 probably) | RX 580
BIOS ver. 2401 (downgraded by ASUS Windows app, 2407 in my case can't boot from NVMe for some reasons)
EFI folder attached [serials changed]

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 13.31.54.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 13.31.54.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 138
just in case:
[SUCCESS] Catalina 10.15.3 | ASUS PRIME Z390-P | I3 8350K | 16 GB RAM | NVMe 1TB (OEM 961 probably) | RX 580
BIOS ver. 2401 (downgraded by ASUS Windows app, 2407 in my case can't boot from NVMe for some reasons)

How did you fixed the problem?

Did you try this before downgrading BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back