Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave 10.14.2 - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @poles thanks for everything. But the person I help do the hackintosh for made a mistake and upgraded to the latest BIOS. Now the hackintosh won't boot. It stuck stuck on boot processes. It is stopping on "PTDI sensors: started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for everything!!!!

Don't worry. The BIOS settings was reset to default if you upgrade your BIOS. Change it again according to tonymacx86's recommended bios settings, and it will work again.

Hi @poles!
I have some doubts before starting. Well, last time I made my hackintosh was about 4 years ago with my current setup (which I already have for the last 9 years). At the time, I remember I only had to use UniBeast/MultiBeast and everything worked and has been working perfectly for the last years.

Now I have been reading your guide as I ordered the same motherboard, and it seems there are some more steps I need to do in order to have everything working. After you run MultiBeast, you had to do several steps. Could you please explain how to do them?
I am sorry if this is a dumb question...hope you can help!

Its just some extra kexts which is needed to run your hackintosh. Please check this section & look inside some posts and you will understand MultBeast. Basically, when you select a option from MultBeast, it will tell you what the kext does at the bottom of MultBeast window. Also you can select the options of MultBeast by checking my original post.

Thanks for the reply @poles, I think I know how MultiBeast works. But for example you say you updated Lilu kext, how did you install it? It is not in MultiBeast...

Regarding graphics:
Graphics
As I was using DisplayPort for primary video output I didn't have any problem. I just set IntelGFX & ig-platform-id -> blank & Inject Intel -> checked. That's it. As soon as I reboot, the machine the graphics worked like a charm. No glitch, no display goes off problem.

Now I have to fix the HDMI. For that I used framebuffer patching guide. Also you can check @CaseySJ's detailed framebuffer patching guide using Hackintool to fix video output. You may find your motherboard's framebuffer patch there. If you found it, then you don't have to go through the process. For me I tried Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard's patch, and it worked in my Z390-P. In my case DisplayPort & HDMI both are working fine.

How did you set IntelGFX & ig-platform-id -> blank & Inject Intel -> checked in MultiBeast? And how did you choose Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard's patch?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply @poles, I think I know how MultiBeast works. But for example you say you updated Lilu kext, how did you install it? It is not in MultiBeast...
Lilu is not shown in MultiBeast but when you install WhateverGreen or AppleALC, its gets installed. Check your /Library/Extensions/ folder, and you will find Lilu.kext. Also, if you want to install the latest Lilu along with WhateverGreen & AppleALC then download the release folder from github and copy the Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext files onto Desktop & use KextBeast to install it into /Library/Extensions/. Also, put KextBeast app onto Desktop & then run it.

How did you set IntelGFX & ig-platform-id -> blank & Inject Intel -> checked in MultiBeast?

MultiBeast usually sets some value in those fields if you select graphics option from it which you can't avoid. You have to open config.plist using Clover Configuartor after using MultiBeast and manually remove or edit those fields.

Lilu is not shown in MultiBeast but when you install WhateverGreen or AppleALC, its gets installed. Check your /Library/Extensions/ folder, and you will find Lilu.kext. Also, if you want to install the latest Lilu along with WhateverGreen & AppleALC then download the release folder from github and copy the Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext files onto Desktop & use KextBeast to install it into /Library/Extensions/. Also, put KextBeast app onto Desktop & then run it.

I think I understand...seems simple. For what I see I can also download your USBports.kext.zip put in desktop and install with KextBeast.

Thanks!! :)

MultiBeast usually sets some value in those fields if you select graphics option from it which you can't avoid. You have to open config.plist using Clover Configuartor after using MultiBeast and manually remove or edit those fields.

This I didn't quite follow, but I will research a little to see how to use Clover. I think i got all the rest steps. I'll start doing the installation as soon as the pieces I've ordered arrive and will post results here.

Once more thanks @poles !

Thank you @poles for your tutorial :)
I have a problem with my configuration.
My configuration is : Prime Z390P and i9-9900K, with AMD RADEON VII, 32GB DDR4, and M.2 NVMe for OS Mojave.
I followed the BIOS instructions after update for last BIOS (except Secure Boot..because I can't touch this), and building the USB Boot Mojave (last version) via UniBeast.
I put your Kext and config.plist.
The installation is extremely slow and I can't install Mojave...
You can help me?

Thank you @poles for your tutorial :)
I have a problem with my configuration.
My configuration is : Prime Z390P and i9-9900K, with AMD RADEON VII, 32GB DDR4, and M.2 NVMe for OS Mojave.
I followed the BIOS instructions after update for last BIOS (except Secure Boot..because I can't touch this), and building the USB Boot Mojave (last version) via UniBeast.
I put your Kext and config.plist.
The installation is extremely slow and I can't install Mojave...
You can help me?
From my experience the last BIOS updates were not working for me. I had to make a change to a BIOS version from February. Still, I have other problems now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back