Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Prime Z390-A + i7 9700K + RX VEGA 64 (LC Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Jakeofspades

Did you solve your problems with the iGPU and the Thunderbolt?
I have almost the same configuration, and it works very well. Only my video card is Vega 56.
With the Thunderbolt, the adapter you use is the original Apple? I read that if you use any other brand, it gives you several problems.
I use TB3-EX and TB3 to TB2 from startech. It has not given me problems, but it can happen.

ahh, for the shutdown problem, I have solved it using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and adding slide=0.
when the OSX does not turn off properly, or you do a hard reset, something happens with the thunderbolt and it does not recognize it in the next boot. Hence, the source must be disconnected so that the capacitors are discharged and the thunderbolt is recognized again. It happened to me that even so I did not recognize the thunderbolt. I had to boot in windows, with nothing connected to the thunderbolt, and in the windows connect the disk (a Promise), after that, everything worked very well in the OSX.
As I said, I did not do all this again since I put the kext OsxAptionFix2Drv-2000 + slide = 0 and the OSX was shutting down correctly.
I hope the information is usefull.

Last edited:
Would you be able to post your BIOS settings please? I just bought this board yesterday and I can't even get it to see the USB installer for mojave. I followed the instructions on the installation guide and used unibeast for making the install USB stick but it's no worky for me.

Hah, I think I figured out the problem. USB stick wasn't GPT formatted.

@Jakeofspades what do you have about? I just have:

So, I'm curious, how to fix Unknown..

I got my iGPU working just fine using hackintool. I exported the plist it generates and copied the content from that to the config.plist on my EFI partition. Got DisplayPort and HDMI working just fine, though I've since added RX580 to both of my boxes as I got a good deal on some used ones.

Here is the SSDT for this motherboard, to enable USB2/3 on all ports as applicable. Get rid of USBInjectAll and put this in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KrPmBBxxTl1Os5_K3QQkxM4bU0_x1NJY

Hello @nezoat
Thanks a lot for posting the custom SSDT for this motherboard. I am using this board for my current build (z390-A Prime, i5-8400), recently installing Mojave 10.14.4 with still lots of stuff to be considered (planning to install the Sapphire RX560 Pulse shortly).

Regarding the custom SSDT you posted, I have a USB DVD Drive that comes from a slot in DVD drive of Macbook Pro that I put inside a case with USB connector. This DVD has been working wherever I use it (i.e. a T470s Lenovo using Win10, a T440 Lenovo with High Sierra 10.13.6, and a desktop using Gigabyte GA-z270-HD3 with i5-7600k). However, with my current build, the DVD ROM cannot connect, constantly and repeatedly seeking the drive.

When I check with IOReg, it looks like the disc contantly connecting and disconnecting at the same USB Hub Port (142200, you can see in my attached pic).

Considering that this DVD Drive is normal with my other 3 computers, I assume there might be something that can be done with the USB setting to overcome this situation? I am attaching as well my debug report.

Hope you can spare some of your time to see what is going on and give advise whether this can be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 7.21.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 7.21.01 PM.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 226
  • debug_20010.zip
    2 MB · Views: 177
HS06 is the USB2 hub that the MB uses for connection to the front panel USB 2 ports. If you haven't already, I'd try one of the USB3 connections in there somewhere.

HS06 is the USB2 hub that the MB uses for connection to the front panel USB 2 ports. If you haven't already, I'd try one of the USB3 connections in there somewhere.

Thanks for replying.

For this IOReg instance, I tested both on front port USB2 and USB3, but same result.
Attached a screenshot of the IOReg when I tried to connect the DVD Drive to both USB2 and USB3 socket at the front panel.

Previously, I tried to connect the DVD Drive to a USB3.0 Hub that connected to a USB3.0 Port at the back of the board.
I did not take the IOReg at that time, but the response of the drive was the same, repeatedly connecting and searching but never mounted.

Another topic that relates to this issue. On my front panel USB port, I have one USB2.0 port and another USB3.0 port. When I connect a USB2 flash drive to USB2 port, it is normal. However, when I connect a USB2 flash drive to USB3 port, the disk was not detected. However, if I connect a USB3 device on the USB3 port, the device was detected. Is this something relates with the SSDT?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.12.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.12.34 AM.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back