Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Asus prime Z370-A MK II + i5-9600K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried your OC folder. It does work but it kills Sleep functionality and also most sensors don't work (because I used FakeSMC)

Hmm that's odd; I've never had issues with sleep, but then again, maybe I overlooked something when updating OC to 0.5.8. The only thing I could think of would be "wake for network traffic" in system preferences.

As for the sensors, that makes sense, as VirtualSMC does not have the same level of support as FakeSMC does for hardware monitoring. Slice did fork FakeSMC and it was updated as recently as October of 2019.

@klaphd
You need to run SSDTTime in order to resolve some of the power management issues, as OC doesn't have the convenient fixes that clover offers.

Last edited:
I use 2 SSDTs with Clover, one has laso options for PM, and the other one for USB ports.
I might try them instead of yours.
Do you think I can use the SSDTs I already use for Clover?

Your Clover SSDTs should work fine. I saw a new version of OC has become available and will update this thread shortly to reflect this update. I simply wanted to give it a few days just to make sure others weren't experiencing any major problems. As for 10.15.5, those who are using my EFI folder can update without any problems; update your kexts, and you should be good to go.

great!
Actually I am still on 10.15.3
I'll try going directly to .5, as that's what the system is telling me :)

Hey all, I normally do not like leaving update comments, but with the release of 10.15.5, I want to strongly urge everyone to update to at least clover r5118; r5119 is preferred, as it was the first clover release following the 10.15.5 update. The included clover EFI folder has been updated to reflect this update as well.

As for OpenCore, the attached EFI will be left as is, since the documentation provided in the form of the OC guides is very detailed, and I don't think there's a good way in which I can condense that information.

Hello, I am trying to build one with a similar setup, I wonder if the Thunderbolt works properly. I need to connect an audio device from UAD. Thanks in advance

I have not tested Thunderbolt with this motherboard, and, on that note, Thunderbolt is one of those things that usually requires a bit more effort to get working correctly.

Hello everyone, I know I should address this in the form of an update to the original thread, but this change is important, and as such, I want those who are referencing this guide to see it, as to avoid breaking a good install..

DO NOT UPDATE TO CLOVER R5120: It is a hot mess right now, and as such, you could find yourself in an endless loop of kernel panics. I've been working with this build since its commits started popping up on GitHub, and there have been a number of new changes made. For one, there's a completely new sub dictionary that exists within config.plist called "Quirks". These are the booter quirks found in OpenCore, as OpenRuntime + OCQuirks have made their way into the mainstream clover package. This was likely done for 2 reasons:
  • AptioMemoryFix is dead; well, it has been abandoned now for quite some time, and as such, it's time to move on
  • Preparation for the next major release of macOS. I will not elaborate on this as per community guidelines, and on that note, please do not leave any replies about said version. They will be removed.
I have a working r5120 folder for my current Catalina installation, but, I find that r5119 is a bit more stable. That being said, I no longer use Clover as my default bootloader, but instead have migrated over to openCore.

Hi Aldaro,
I have tryed your OpenCore 0.6.1 on the following:
MB: Asus Z370-A II
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: i5-9600K
GPU: MSI Armor RX 580

I really apprciate your work and documentation. I have had a good a background with OC and used the dortania guid to install 10.15.6 but always had a kernel panic!
Your EFI file made my life easier and it worked flawlessly. Thanks very much :)

The only thing that I have done is USB mapping, which is very easy, due to the different port lay out in my motherboard.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back