Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Asus prime Z370-A MK II + i5-9600K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation concerning Z390 has gotten much better and a good Z390 board shouldn't be problematic at all. As for Clover vs OpenCore, I'm currently using OpenCore on my build, and I'm really liking it so far. I haven't posted the EFI folder yet, as I still consider my OC setup to be a work in progress, but I think it'll be ready for upload really soon. As for the current clover EFI folder attached to this thread, that's not going anywhere, and I will still keep it up-to-date.

Please let me know when you upload your OC EFI folder. I am still assembling the components so I might go that route if you finish before everything arrives. Thank you.

So with OC 0.5.8 having just been released, I'm going to use this as an opportunity to really clean things up. Depending on my level of satisfaction with the updated OC folder, I will hopefully be able to get it uploaded soon.

EDIT: Clover EFI folder has been updated. This update is relatively minor, but should address some of the bugs that have popped up in newer builds of clover. Of course, all kexts were updated to current version as well.

Last edited:
Clover was updated to r5115 - this was done to address some potential GUI bugs people may experience on r5112
Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC were updated to their latest release versions.

I'm still stuck on the RAM. Since your sticks are no long available online, I have been looking at the 2666, and model numbers just don't line up with those listed on the ASUS qualified vendor list on the website:

It seems that every color and configuration has a slightly different product number, and none of them seem to line up with those on the list. I am planning to just go with this one I found on the Crucial website:

Otherwise, I have decided to stick with your configuration for the simplicity, possible OC compatibility, and cost- the 390 components built out are far more expensive in the end. Thanks again for your great guide and your support as I assemble my new Hack!

Those DIMMs should work just fine, and are probably about the same with some different product labeling/branding.

Ballistix sport 2666 works, at leat in the 8bg sticks version, see the screen attached. Although for them to show up (cosmetic) properly you have to enter manually all the info. If clover bootloader you can do that in clover configurator, in the SMBIOS page.

Attachments

• DDR4.png
    DDR4.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 62
Thanks so much to both of you for your replies, and replying so quickly. I literally spent 4 hours with the QVL and crosschecking web sites for availability. I think because this is not the newest board, many sites are sold out, and the QVL is 17 pages long. I really appreciate your support as I move closer to building and firing it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back