Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Asus prime Z370-A MK II + i5-9600K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropping by to notify about some updates:
  • USBPorts.kext rebuilt
    • Power state values are now properly defined within info.plist, and therefor, SSDT-USBX is no longer needed.
    • IOPciMatch values were added to each controller. This helps address an issue in which OpenCore was not loading the port map properly, as the ACPI name of PXSX is incredibly generic.
    • WIP: comments will be added to indicate how the ports are laid out physically on the motherboard. This'll help if anyone needs to rebuild the port map from scratch.
  • EFI cleanup
    • The new USBPorts.kext is now enabled by default in both clover, and OpenCore. For clover, the old one still remains in kexts/off just in case that worked better for some.
    • SSDT-USBX is now disabled for both clover and OC by default. The file still exists in both EFI folders, but now must be moved back to ACPI/patched to be loaded (applicable to clover only). For OC, simply edit config.plist to use it again.
I know I've been making a lot of changes and am considering moving these EFI setups to a git repository in order to make things easier.

@Aldaro just update your Post #1.

@Stork
Noted; I just wasn't sure if those following this thread would receive any notification upon making any edits to the first post. I think for updates to any files, using a git repo would perhaps be my best option?

@Stork
Noted; I just wasn't sure if those following this thread would receive any notification upon making any edits to the first post. I think for updates to any files, using a git repo would perhaps be my best option?
We don't recommend the Gits since you can attach files to any post here.

I update my build descriptions' original post this way:
- Update the Post #1 with the info and/or files;​
- I then add a post in the thread stating what I updated;​
- I now describe the update in my Update section on Post #1; and​
- Finally, I add the Post # and link to the Post #1's update.​
You can check out my build descriptions to see how I do it which is the preferred method on the Forum.

As a matter of fact, all Git links are moderated because of the use of offsite file links are often use to link to pirated distro's of macOS.

Have you parts come in @brimcan?
Has anyone given my OC folder a try, and if so, how has it worked out? I am admittedly still new to how OC works, but overall, I'm liking what I see thus far.

Is this build good for video editing? I'm going to be using Avid and Premiere on it

It'll get the job done for sure, but it won't win any performance awards. I think for editing, the RX 5700 XT would be a better choice.

Have you parts come in @brimcan?
Has anyone given my OC folder a try, and if so, how has it worked out? I am admittedly still new to how OC works, but overall, I'm liking what I see thus far.

Last part came in yesterday, Fractal Define 7 case! Now just waiting to open the box and begin assembling this weekend! So excited, and you'll be the first to know how it is going. I'll probably have more questions once it is together and I am trying to get it working. Thanks again for everything!

Last edited:
Aldaro's Classic Workstation: Antec SX1030b Restoration

Mr. Aldaro,
Thank you for this excellent write up. I understand how to place a kext in the kext folder in the EFI folder. But how do I then add it to the plist as is mentioned in your writeup and cross referenced in the guide to port mapping? Does a program like Propertree, for example, find the kext on line and place it in the folder and in the plist? Thank you for answering my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back