Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Asus prime Z370-A MK II + i5-9600K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergier,
The only other one I found similar to yours was the following:

Almost identical, except the letters at the end are BFSBK instead of yours, which has BFSC. Also, this comes in single packs, and I have read that it is better to buy as matched packs of 2 or 4 rather than single packs to decrease the chances of mismatching.

I am just so particular because I have been burned by RAM before, and I find Hackintosh so finicky that I do not want there to be hardware issues. The software problems alone are enough.

Oh I completely get that; I had a Z77 board that really burned me on RAM, and it was an absolute nightmare. While I probably won't get around to updating my OC folder for a few more days, I'm attaching a snapshot of my current OC 0.5.7 folder to this comment specifically. Please note that this is experimental, and you may run into some problems. Before using it, do not forget to open up config.plist, and change the SMBIOS information, and more importantly, the ROM value. Unlike clover, OC seems to require that you specify the MAC address of your NIC. The one I dropped into this EFI folder is just a placeholder.

Attachments

• EFI-OC-057.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Any thoughts about using 4 single sticks vs a pack of 4? Microcenter is right down the street, and the I5-9600k is cheaper there as well. Just excited about getting this going finally. Not much else to do...

Oh I got these parts at microcenter and that's how my RAM was packaged (single sticks). The link was just an attempt to find the closest thing possible to what I picked up there.

Got it. I tried to follow your links for purchasing items in general, but it's good to know that you found MC to be useful as well. I find that they will match most prices, and they are pretty reasonable when it comes to returns. Not sure how it all works now with the state of the world though.

Last edited:
Yeah it's definitely an interesting time to say the least. Hopefully the OC folder in my previous comment works, as once I get it to a stable point, I'm probably going to forgo clover updates.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Oddly enough, I never had a single RAM problem since I started building up computers (1998) or since i only own hackintoshes (2012). Maybe I'm just lucky with RAM. However, yes, it is recommended to buy from the same batch as much as possible. I hope your hunt will prove successful !

Hey all,
I went ahead, and made some pretty big changes to the original thread. What are your thoughts? Is it better or worse than before?

Hey all,
I went ahead, and made some pretty big changes to the original thread. What are your thoughts? Is it better or worse than before?

Looks great, very clean, and more instructions. I do not understand all of your additional optimizations, and might ask you again once I have all the components of my system in place. Waiting on them all to arrive over the course of the next week.

Thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do on your guide. Very informative and generous donation of your time. I think that Bergier and I are the only beneficiaries of your efforts, but I'm grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back