Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
One moment, sorting out why OpenCore Configurator won't allow drag and drop in Ventura. @CaseySJ have you encountered this?
I always use copy-and-paste. Are you dragging a file or dragging one or more individual fields?

Also, what "OCC errors" did you encounter? Drag-and-drop is not an error! ;)

Last edited:
@Feartech I used OCC as a plist editor to correct some OCC errors, how about that? Also, I made a RAM Disk to work off of because OCC only allows removable drives to have access? Probably a misunderstanding on my part.

@ryanbach51 give this a go. There has no thunderbolt additions and Apple VTD is disabled, just fyi.
That's funny... using software that caused a bug to fix a bug :)

I always use copy-and-paste. Are you dragging a file or dragging one or more individual fields?

Also, what "OCC errors" did you encounter? Drag-and-drop is not an error! ;)
Ha, I suffer from failure-to-elaborate. It's hereditary. It's a permissions thing where it doesn't have access to files on the desktop and I cant seem to give it to the app. It defaults to allowing access to removable drives however. Copy and Paste eluded me for some reason, doh!

To be clear I tried dragging single files and multiple. I ended up creating a RAM Disk to mimic a removable drive but I could have copy and pasted.

That's funny... using software that caused a bug to fix a bug :)
I like their plist editor lots! Sometimes they're slow on the update to get the schema right. I wish Dortania took over it.

@Feartech I used OCC as a plist editor to correct some OCC errors, how about that? Also, I made a RAM Disk to work off of because OCC only allows removable drives to have access? Probably a misunderstanding on my part.

@ryanbach51 give this a go. There has no thunderbolt additions and Apple VTD is disabled, just fyi.

OC: Configuration requires vault, but no vault provided!

Vault is correctly set to Optional on your EFI so I don't know why I'm getting this error.

OC: Configuration requires vault, but no vault provided!

Vault is correctly set to Optional on your EFI so I don't know why I'm getting this error.

Before I go digging too far, did you clear NVRAM after changing Vault to Optional?

Also, please enable AuthRestart and AllowSetDefault on that same tab (Misc/Security).

Before I go digging too far, did you clear NVRAM after changing Vault to Optional?

Also, please enable AuthRestart and AllowSetDefault on that same tab (Misc/Security).
Yes, have enabled both and reset the NVRAM a few times, same error.

Yes, have enabled both and reset the NVRAM a few times, same error.
It's a conflicting setting and I'm trying to remember which quirk it is. Can you enable SetupVirtualMap in the meantime?

@CaseySJ I remember coming across this once. Anything ring a bell?

Last edited:
It's a conflicting setting and I'm trying to remember which quirk it is. Can you enable SetupVirtualMap in the meantime?

@CaseySJ I remember coming across this once. Anything ring a bell?

Ok I have it booted. I swear I had that SOB set to Optional but when I went back to change SetupVirtualMap "Secure" was staring me in the face. We're about 5 minutes in and no hangs yet. Will report back tomorrow.

Ok I have it booted. I swear I had that SOB set to Optional but when I went back to change SetupVirtualMap "Secure" was staring me in the face. We're about 5 minutes in and no hangs yet. Will report back tomorrow.
Sweet, I miss this build.

Sweet, I miss this build.

Wow - so I'm realizing that when I saw that Vault was still set to Secure - I was actually looking at the EFI on my 1:1 external backup disk. And EFI on my backup I don't even recognize, it's a really scaled down version. I'll have to get to the bottom of this. Probably should have disconnected the external backup disk entirely before doing this.

EDIT: Well, booted up this morning and it froze again. So we're back to square one...

EDIT 2: Going to disconnect my external and see if I get any hangs. Also should note I have Windows installed on a separate internal SATA SSD.

EDIT 3: Haha, nice try. We're still hanging within a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back