Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those aren't going to help here. Those were used for a very specific NUC build that doesn't apply here.

I’m still unclear of something. Are you for sure booting with the latest (untouched) EFI I sent you? Are your Thunderbolt BIOS settings matched to what I have in post one?

I've got another option for you after you can confirm the above.

I took all your EFI and put it on SSD.
Then I repeated the procedure by disconnecting the power cable.

Everything works but the rename in ACPI does not start Windows.
I still kept the whole EFI intact, but I haven't had any changes.
If I turn off the PC and turn it back on, it no longer works and under RP21 the TB disappears.

So I always repeat the procedure by disconnecting the cable.

If I start the Apollo cold, it does not recognize it.
If I go to sleep with everything working, after sleep, the Apollo no longer works. (It gives me an error 92.)

I've done all these tests to tell you, and maybe something comes to mind.

The settings are identical. The only doubt I have is about the BIOS version.

I use the 2801.

the only setting I had to change in your efi was to activate DisableRTCchecksum because otherwise I have a BIOS PRE bootloader error,
è Disable the kext wifi because otherwise the WIFI runs very slowly

i took all your efi and put it on ssd.
Then I repeated the procedure by disconnecting the power cable.

Everything works but the rename in ACPI does not start windows.
I still kept the whole efi intact but I haven't had any changes.
if I turn off the pc and turn it back on it no longer works and under RP21 the TB disappears.

So I always repeat the procedure by disconnecting the cable.

If I start the Apollo cold it does not recognize it.
If I go to sleep with everything working after sleep, the apollo no longer works (it gives me an error 92)

I've done all these tests to tell you and maybe something comes to mind.

The settings are identical the only doubt I have is about the BIOS version.

I use the 2801
Gotcha. So, it works in macOS but when you go to Windows it does not and you need to unplug.

If you're booting into Windows from your Bios then nothing in the OpenCore Config will have an effect on it in Windows. Going between macOS and Windows might cause this to trip up.

My test and curiosity is solely booting into macOS and restarting into macOS. Not sure I can help with Windows.

If you could do me a favor. Do the shutdown procedure again and boot in macOS. Send me IOReg. Do not enter Windows. I just need to confirm that you are in Thunderbolt Extended Mode.

now I try with the EFI of CLOVER, so with windows I solve the problem of starting with the rename.

Clover does not bore windows.
I'll redo the procedure and send you ioreg.

OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update for anyone interested!

I've recently switched back to using Thunderbolt in ICM mode. While it's cool having a full Thunderbolt Extended Bus, I have found that sleep doesn't work correctly. However in ICM mode it does. All options are still available in the EFI. Simply disabled SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml and enabled SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A-Prime-II.aml along with the three Patches.

Note about the above: I use my Thunderbolt card for UAD Apollo devices so ICM Mode is plenty and preferable. If you have other needs then perhaps Extended Bus is what you want.

USBMap.kext Update

I've edited the USBMap to include a total of 15 ports. This should make things a little more universal for people coming here looking for a solution. It only excludes HS09 (which is paired with HS10 but actually unused as ARPT uses HS10. You cannot separate the pairs.), HS11, and HS12. The last two ports belong to a 2.0 Header that is unused.

TL;DR, you will likely be good to go with the USBMap attached. Bonus, you can survive updates that USBInjectall does not.

Don't forget to add your serial.

Last edited:
Hi, I follow your guide and everything works like a charm, thank so much! but I have a problem...

I use an Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt, works pretty well...but I need to unplug the cable and plugin in again every system startup, because is the only way that the system (Mojave 10.4.6 OC 0.7) recognize the Apogee...
It works perfectly before with Clover, but with OC I need to do this workaround everytime and is annoying...

my setup:

Asus Prime Z370-A
Asus Thunderbolt card ex3
i7 8700k
32GB ram

Thank u in advance

PD: I attach my EFI folder if it helps

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 97
Hi, I follow your guide and everything works like a charm, thank so much! but I have a problem...

I use an Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt, works pretty well...but I need to unplug the cable and plugin in again every system startup, because is the only way that the system (Mojave 10.4.6 OC 0.7) recognize the Apogee...
It works perfectly before with Clover, but with OC I need to do this workaround everytime and is annoying...

my setup:

Asus Prime Z370-A
Asus Thunderbolt card ex3
i7 8700k
32GB ram

Thank u in advance

PD: I attach my EFI folder if it helps

It looks like you're using the thunderbolt card in ICM mode. Perhaps for this interface you should try extended mode. This requires the three patches and the SSDT. All of that is in post one.

Also it looks like you are just using USBInjectall with no custom map. We need to have this mapped. I have a USBPorts.kext with all of them mapped out already. Check out the USB section of post one as well.

After you can confirm that you have a full Thunderbolt in IOReg with the patches/ssdt then lets see if it will reconnect properly. A few of these interfaces can be tricky.

@NorthAmTransAm, I am planning to swap my B360 Aorus mobo with Z370-A ii. I won't be using anyThunderbolt cards. I thought the Z370s are mostly OOB working but see lots of posts on USB mapping issues. I did my current mapping (B360 has only one controller) using Dortania USB mapping guide (Intel method) and getting 10Gbps speed vis USB 3.1 gen 2.
Are the issues related to Thunderbolt card or just the Intel/Asmedia controllers in this mobo in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back