Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
now repeating the procedure to unplug the power cord has been recognized.
it works I just have to understand if it remains stable! I am attaching EFI and ioreg
@NorthAmTransAm
but at each shutdown the card is not recognized and I have to repeat the procedure with the power supply cable
Can you confirm a few things for me?

1) Is the build an Asus Prime z370a-II?
2) Are you booting straight to macOS or are you going to Windows first?

Yes, it is a Asus Prime Z370A-II and boot only macOS.
Maybe I solved the problem by connecting the PC to a power strip that I turn off every time.
So every time I can simulate the procedure of the power cable being disconnected.
Instead, now I also tried the sleep and after waking up the card is no longer recognized.
It is strange that it works perfectly for you, and I have this problem.
I was wondering if it could be a PCIe firmware issue.

I connected the PCIe in 16EX_3 port.
What port did you connect it to?

Yes, it is a Asus Prime Z370A-II and boot only macOS.
Maybe I solved the problem by connecting the PC to a power strip that I turn off every time.
So every time I can simulate the procedure of the power cable being disconnected.
Instead, now I also tried the sleep and after waking up the card is no longer recognized.
It is strange that it works perfectly for you, and I have this problem.
I was wondering if it could be a PCIe firmware issue.
Well the issue is that you're not in Thunderbolt Extended Mode. It looks like you have windows EFI related items on your EFI as well. I'm going to rebuild this EFI for you. It will still be OpenCore Version 0.6.6. but we can update it later.

Give me a few to build it, and once working I'll explain a little more.

16EX_3 is the correct port. Standby.

Well the issue is that you're not in Thunderbolt Extended Mode. It looks like you have windows EFI related items on your EFI as well. I'm going to rebuild this EFI for you. It will still be OpenCore Version 0.6.6. but we can update it later.

Give me a few to build it, and once working I'll explain a little more.

16EX_3 is the correct port. Standby.

Let's give this a shot. New EFI is attached.

Replace your EFI with this one. Make sure you have a separate copy on the EFI partition of a flash drive so that you can get back in in case of something going wrong.

Shut down, unplug the power for 15 seconds. Reboot.

From this setup, send me a copy of your IOReg.

Attachments

• OCC 066.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
I tried to start Windows WITHOUT OpenCore.
Bypassed OpenCore, and, in any case if I do not turn off the power, the PCIe is not even detected.
NOn is an EFI problem I have to understand what is wrong with the card or the BIOS.
Thanks for EFI!

I tried to start Windows WITHOUT OpenCore.
Bypassed OpenCore, and, in any case if I do not turn off the power, the PCIe is not even detected.
NOn is an EFI problem I have to understand what is wrong with the card or the BIOS.
Thanks for EFI!
Lets circle back to Windows in a bit. One thing at a time.

I think what happened is your Config and OC Version were a little mismatched causing the Patches not to load.

If you look at my guide I have all the bios settings you'll need for the card.

So! To properly test this, use the EFI I made for you, boot straight into macOS, and lets see in IOReg if we've got full Thunderbolt Extended Bus.

When we do go back to Windows...There's a separate Intel Driver necessary. You can download this from the Asus website.

Last edited:
OK this is IOREG

Attachments

• iMac di Ottavio-0.6.6.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 71
OK this is IOREG
Woah, standby.

Lets do a couple of things here.

1) Since adding my EFI, did you unplug your computer's power cable for 15 seconds? Do it again and resend your IOReg.

2) Download MaciASL from the Acidanthera Github page and send me a copy of your System DSDT. I want to see if the name changes are happening.

Last edited:
I had to save the DSDT in DSL because otherwise it would not save for me.
Here it is

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back