Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big up for your great work and share!!worked for me , too, after some tweaking!!-Have a happy new year!!:headbang:

I'm going to piggyback off this thread and update as I go. Hopefully, this helps others. I have a similar setup: Asus Z370-A II, 9600k, and RX 580 Pulse. This is my first venture into hackintosh.

I tried doing a vanilla Catalina install and failed miserably with acpi error method parse/execution failed ae_not_found _PRW

I gave up and came here. I fired up UniBeast, and it sat forever on the Apple screen. So, I fired up Clover Configurator and added in -v to boot arguments under boot section. Now I could see that it's stuck at apfs_module_start:1683

I went back and added SSDT-EC.aml (attached below) to EFI/clover/ACPI/patched/

Finally, after hours of what was supposed to be a "simple compatible install", I was able to get to the Catalina installer!

More posts to come as I try to actually get Catalina to run.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 94
I'm going to piggyback off this thread and update as I go. Hopefully, this helps others. I have a similar setup: Asus Z370-A II, 9600k, and RX 580 Pulse. This is my first venture into hackintosh.

I tried doing a vanilla Catalina install and failed miserably with acpi error method parse/execution failed ae_not_found _PRW

I gave up and came here. I fired up UniBeast, and it sat forever on the Apple screen. So, I fired up Clover Configurator and added in -v to boot arguments under boot section. Now I could see that it's stuck at apfs_module_start:1683

I went back and added SSDT-EC.aml (attached below) to EFI/clover/ACPI/patched/

Finally, after hours of what was supposed to be a "simple compatible install", I was able to get to the Catalina installer!

More posts to come as I try to actually get Catalina to run.

Can you please share your EFI? I have been sitting here all day with the Mark II version of this motherboard with a i9-9900KF and cannot get past USB boot installer.

Can you please share your EFI? I have been sitting here all day with the Mark II version of this motherboard with a i9-9900KF and cannot get past USB boot installer.

Sure, but this is just a stock UniBeast install with only two changes. 1) added ACPI patch (A00A9353 54415301 to A00A910A FF0BFFFF) and added SSDT-EC to patched folder. I've attached it, good luck.

Of note there are a few things I did AFTER I successfully installed Catalina:
1) You'll have to of course generate your own serial number (you can do this after install)
3) I changed SMBIOS to iMac19,1
7) I ended up replacing virtualsmc.efi and virtualsmc.kext with the newest versions from the author as the ones from UniBeast didn't work with HWMonitor for some reason.
5) I can't count well.

Attachments

• EFI unibeast z370.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 81
Sure, but this is just a stock UniBeast install with only two changes. 1) added ACPI patch (A00A9353 54415301 to A00A910A FF0BFFFF) and added SSDT-EC to patched folder. I've attached it, good luck.

Of note there are a few things I did AFTER I successfully installed Catalina:
1) You'll have to of course generate your own serial number (you can do this after install)
3) I changed SMBIOS to iMac19,1
7) I ended up replacing virtualsmc.efi and virtualsmc.kext with the newest versions from the author as the ones from UniBeast didn't work with HWMonitor for some reason.
5) I can't count well.

Thank you. Unfortunately, your EFI did not work either.... I am having a weird issue, I have the Mark ii version of your mobo along with the i9-9900KF (No iGPU) and for some reason it reboots half way through booting off USB installer. Even in verbose mode, I cannot see what it is hanging on because it scrolls so fast when it reboots. I tried different RAM, Disabled CSM in BIOS, Enabled It, Disabled Secure Boot, CFG-Lock, ect, all to no avail. I also tried system def 1,1 as per what I see alot of people use for the i9-9900KF.

I also made sure to update Clover to 5103, updated all the kexts with Kext Updater. Wondering if grabbing a different motherboard would make this a little easier.

H anyone here upgraded to Catalina? With the rev1 board.

I upgraded, tried all kinds of EFI settings kexts and so on, but I get extreme CPU spikes.

H anyone here upgraded to Catalina? With the rev1 board.

I upgraded, tried all kinds of efi settings kexts and so on, but I get extreme CPU spikes.

I'm on rev2 board, ran fine stock and now running at 5.1GHz @ 1.33v and AVX at 4.7GHz. Noctua cooler. Idles at 25C, max temp under 100% prime95 load is 81C

UPD: Everything works perfectly on latest OpenCore, used quirk values from OC Vanilla Guide. Originally enabled more than probably needed from OpenCore docs in AptioMemoryFix migration section.

Hi everyone!

Has anyone using OpenCore on this board upgraded to 0.5.4 or 0.5.5? I'm experimenting with quirks to fix memory initialisation, which was completely fine on 0.5.3.

On 0.5.5 I'm on a stuck Apple logo and OCABC: Memory pool allocation failure - Not Found in debug version of OpenCore.

Last edited:
Hi @NorthAmTransAm

I am planning to buy the same motherboard so I would like to know some things:
- Did you upgrade to Catalina ?
- does your asmedia usb 3.1 gen2 ports work well and OOB?

many thanks

Hey @NorthAmTransAm, any chance you've still got this build and are able to share your exact Thunderbolt BIOS settings? I have the same build and cannot get Thunderbolt to work properly at all, it has shown up once or twice but extremely inconsistently and works properly on another Mac, so not the device. Have even tried your EFI and no luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back