Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna shot me your EFI folder?

you can find it in this post, thanks!

@NorthAmTransAm I tried to implement everything into my OC EFI folder but I am getting a really weird behavior: I only boot into Recovery Assistant. OpenCore boots just fine, but I find myself stuck into Recovery Assistant. Any idea?
It never happened to me and I have the feeling it's something trivial I have overlooked.

If you can look into it, I attached my EFI folder minus the usual values.
Thank you very much

Hi @NorthAmTransAm did you have the chance to look into my EFI folder? Still stuck, and cannot get OC to boot properly. Thanks again!

so sorry was out of town for a wedding. I’ll crack it open in the morning though!

Also, I would remove USBInjectall and go with my USBmap. It's designed for this board, well the V1 of it but my bet is nothing there has changed.
Thanks, I took the advice and deleted USBInjectall.kext. After that, there were no more system freezes :)

@pinoli so this might be a head scratcher. Bare with me as I'm not one of the legendaries here.

Here's what I would do:

1) Remove USBKBdxe. Shouldn't need this one and hell it's possible it trips something up.

2) I assume your booting OC from a USB drive and still have Clover on your main drive. Are your kext from your Clover setup up L/E? If so move them to EFI/Other and don't forget to clean it all up with Kext Utility.

3) For now, remove your device properties and let Lilu/WEG figure it out. It's my belief that it's better to have it done with device properties just like it's better to have a USBkext but for now we're just knocking down possible issues. Dummy check et al.

4) Im not sure of this one but in your config move FWruntime up to the first slot so it loads first. We know thats important for Lilu so why not try it there. Also put Lilu's plugins up their list too: WEG, ALC, VirtualSMC.

5) I'd grab Airport Fixup as well.

Let me know how this goes for you. Once its up and running it is quite nice.

@pinoli hey, dude! So I had a scare today when messing with AI Tweaker, and I had to reset my BIOS to get back in by pulling the battery. After that, I couldn't get into OS! So, I narrowed it down very slowly, and it was something in my Thunderbolt settings. I could boot every time if I had Thunderbolt fully disabled in BIOS. With enabled, it was chaos. But I finally found the right settings. If you're having trouble, try fully disabling Thunderbolt.

Did anyone manage to get onboard audio working in Catalina with this board?
I have a second revision of this board. On Catalina, sound works the same as on Mojave. I use the optical output to an external DAC.

DAC Musical Fidelity A3.24 is old, but it plays fine ;-)

Running the same solution with the exception of my TP-Link wireless card (supported natively) and a Netgear Bluetooth USB plug (supported natively). Mac keyboard, mouse and trackpad are all working fine. Curious about running 2 monitors. I have not done that, yet.

Anyhow thanks for posting up a great build. (I still have my Thunderbolt 3 card to install.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back