Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NorthAmTransAm I am interested in your opencore EFI for the ASUS Prime z370-A (Rev 1). Currently I am using a SATA SSD but would like to install a Samsung 970 EVO (+/Pro?) for better IO performance (software engineer). I don't think I am ever going to get the add in TB card. I will be getting something for the WiFi/BT (any suggestions?) I have access to a 2009 MacPro that has the WiFi/BT card installed. I rarely use WiFi/BT with my main computer so it is just there for iMessage/handoff all though side car in Catalina looks interesting. My plan is to reuse my serial number from my dead 2009 MacPro.

I currently installed with Clover. Do I need to reinstall a fresh Catalina with OpenCore or is there anything I need to clean up during boot or from /Library/Extensions?

@NorthAmTransAm I've a similar machine but with Q370 mother board and my boot loader is OpenCore. I'm using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 for full graphics acceleration with WX4100 graphics card, but problem is I notice glitch in graphics while playing video or youtube. Thinking of moving back to iMac19,2 but when I do that my cpu is used for video processing instead of my GPU. I read through forums and looks like I need to set ig-platform-id to 0300923E for headless configuration. I took your opencore as reference and you haven't setup the ig-platform-id. Can you please confirm if your machine runs video processing using GPU or not?

This is fantastic!

I'm going to start a build here in a few days with the ASUS Prime Z370-A II, i9-9900K (no OC'ing), and Sapphire RX580. I wanted something that would just work and be as rock solid as possible and emulate the i9 iMac.

Looking forward to using what you've created! Thank you.

Good morning to everybody,
I'm new here, and I'm a novice. I'm trying to do a fresh install of macOS Mojave or Catalina, but I'm not sure which one is best for stability and which one is able to use all the features of the motherboard. What I'm trying to achieve is a Vanilla installation; I already tried with Tony Mac but Catalina is stuck at some point while Mojave boots up.
I read this thread and I saw that there is a Clover folder and an OC folder, but I don't know the difference and thus which one to choose. I looked also at the config.plist file in the Clover folder and it is pretty empty compared to the Tony Mac one, so I was wondering which EFI/OC folder and configuration should I use? What I'd like to achieve is a fully working Mac OS, with audio on HDMI working too. (I'm aware of the fact that the motherboard can have components that are not compatible, so is someone able to tell me what is working and what is not on my motherboard?). Currently my set-up is:
- i7 8700k
- Asus prime z370-a I
- ddr4 2600 mhz
- sata ssd
- 4k monitor through hdmi
- UDH 630 (not planning to use another graphics card)

Can someone help me? Because after having read all these posts I'm a little bit confused.

Hello, you can share the configuration of Thunderbolt EX3 card in BIOS. Thank you
It’s been awhile since I've been here so excuse the mess. I've attached my Opencore EFI in Post 1. For BIOS settings make sure Thunderbolt is enabled, Security is set to None, Hotplug enabled. There might be more settings and I can get those to you tomorrow.

@NorthAmTransAm I am interested in your opencore EFI for the ASUS Prime z370-A (Rev 1). Currently I am using a SATA SSD but would like to install a Samsung 970 EVO (+/Pro?) for better IO performance (software engineer). I don't think I am ever going to get the add in TB card. I will be getting something for the WiFi/BT (any suggestions?) I have access to a 2009 MacPro that has the WiFi/BT card installed. I rarely use WiFi/BT with my main computer so it is just there for iMessage/handoff all though side car in Catalina looks interesting. My plan is to reuse my serial number from my dead 2009 MacPro.

I currently installed with Clover. Do I need to reinstall a fresh Catalina with OpenCore or is there anything I need to clean up during boot or from /Library/Extensions?
My EFI is in post 1. If you have old files in L/E I suggest a fresh install.

Is there a problem with the EFI folders in post 1? I cannot find them for the life of me... Can anyone reattach them in a post, both Clover and OpenCore ? Much appreciated...

Hello! Please, someone can help me? I have Asus Z370a Prime and Asus Thunderbolt EX3 PCI card. My Thunderbolt doesn't want to work. I tried everything that I could find on the Internet:banghead: . I am running Big Sur, and I have Antelope Audio Discrete 4 interface audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back