Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sticking with Mojave, can you give me your IOreg file and a boot log? That way I can see what's going on.
IOreg can only do on Catalina, and boot log in Clover, F1 or command in the terminal ?
P.S. added bootlog Clover Configurator.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    3 MB · Views: 62
  • bootlog.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I also noticed that the CinebenchR20 does not correctly determine the processor, although this almost does not affect the result ;-)
8500-M.png8500-W.png

Here is a fresh IOreg file after I deleted System DSDT.aml from the clover

Attachments

• iMac — Pavel.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
Here is a fresh IOreg file after I deleted System DSDT.aml from the clover

The file seems to be corrupted. Not sure why you needed to System DSDT to be deleted to open it.

Hello @NorthAmTransAm thank you very much for the guide and the folders.
I have already started porting your settings into my build with OpenCore.
I am using an i7-8700K with iGPU UHD 630 plus a Vega 56 as dGPU, and currently using iMac18,3 in Clover
I have the ASUS EX3 TB card, but I am not using it at the moment.

I am wondering about a couple of things before I go forward:
  1. I don't see IntelMausiEthernet.kext and I am wondering if you use the integrated Ethernet at all (I see you use a WiFi card pulled from a genuine Mac). I think I need it, since it's been working flawlessly in Clover until now.
  2. I own but am not using the ASUS EX3 TB expansion, so I removed SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml SSDTs from config.plist and ACPI folder. Is this correct?
  3. I see NVRAM, PlatformInfo and UEFI sections are missing from your OC config.plist. PlatformInfo is understandable, but still contains important settings. UEFI section also is important, so I am wondering if you could share those sections as well.
  4. What is the reason you are not using VBoxHfs.efi? No HFS drives at all?
  5. I own a BCM943602CS, still native but different from yours. Do you think I will still benefit from AirportBrcmFixup.kext? I ask because I have never used it.
  6. I have never heard about dAGPM.kext. I looked into it and it seems a pretty old hack. Can you tell me more? Is this necessary? I have a Vega 56 that is working flawlessly in Mojave (latest update with Clover), and I did not have to do anything to make it work.
  7. Also, I would like to know if you are still using iMac19,2 as SystemProductName
Ultimately, I kindly ask you to share your latest OC EFI folder, with every section of the config.plist except for:
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> MLB
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> SystemUUID
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> SystemSerialNumber

Thanks again for the amazing work, hope to fix my rig soon...

Last edited:
Hello @NorthAmTransAm thank you very much for the guide and the folders.
I have already started porting your settings into my build with OpenCore.
I am using an i7-8700K with iGPU UHD 630 plus a Vega 56 as dGPU, and currently using iMac18,3 in Clover
I have the ASUS EX3 TB card, but I am not using it at the moment.

I am wondering about a couple of things before I go forward:
  1. I don't see IntelMausiEthernet.kext and I am wondering if you use the integrated Ethernet at all (I see you use a WiFi card pulled from a genuine Mac). I think I need it, since it's been working flawlessly in Clover until now.
  2. I own but am not using the ASUS EX3 TB expansion, so I removed SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml SSDTs from config.plist and ACPI folder. Is this correct?
  3. I see NVRAM, PlatformInfo and UEFI sections are missing from your OC config.plist. PlatformInfo is understandable, but still contains important settings. UEFI section also is important, so I am wondering if you could share those sections as well.
  4. What is the reason you are not using VBoxHfs.efi? No HFS drives at all?
  5. I own a BCM943602CS, still native but different from yours. Do you think I will still benefit from AirportBrcmFixup.kext? I ask because I have never used it.
  6. I have never heard about dAGPM.kext. I looked into it and it seems a pretty old hack. Can you tell me more? Is this necessary? I have a Vega 56 that is working flawlessly in Mojave (latest update with Clover), and I did not have to do anything to make it work.
  7. Also, I would like to know if you are still using iMac19,2 as SystemProductName
Ultimately, I kindly ask you to share your latest OC EFI folder, with every section of the config.plist except for:
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> MLB
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> SystemUUID
  • PlatformInfo --> Generic --> SystemSerialNumber

Thanks again for the amazing work, hope to fix my rig soon...

Thank you!

For the OC plist I started with the generic on 0.4.0 and then copied the new entries for 0.5.0. I'll have to brush up on my knowledge on this so bare with me if my answers aren't terrific.

1) IntelMausi. You know, I'm not sure why I don't have it other than I don't use my ethernet port. My ethernet does show up in System Report however. I have a feeling WEG took care of it but cannot confirm that.

2) EX3 - It won't hurt to keep those in there but for less loading (negligible however) you can remove it and your card.

3) NVRAM, etc... - Strange they should all be in there. I've attached my current "everything works" EFI folder with the requested blank info. For filling out the Platform Info I strongly suggested using the most recent version of Hackintool. It gives to you clearly and quick. On NVRAM, this board has native NVRAM (why I like the 370 so much) so not much effort is needed.

4) Vbox - Yep, no HFS. Even so, I seem to remember it working fine without such patches (older versions) on HS. It's been awhile though so that could be false. I didn't start digging in until Mojave.

5) BRCM - Yes! This gave me the Handoff option in Settings>General and in IOreg the card showed up appropriately as ARPT. Using IOreg to make sure everything is working correctly has been instrumental in understanding this whole thing.

6) AGPM - Im guessing at this point WEG takes care of a lot of it. If you're looking like this (attached) then you're doing fine without it. If you're using native graphics then ignore AGPM. You do however need x86 platform. You're probably aware of this.
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.56.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.57.38 PM.png

7) 19,2 - Yep and I'm sticking with it. Works fine for me.

EFI and IOreg is attached. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Attachments

• OC EFI 10082019.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Michael’s iMac.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 57
@NorthAmTransAm Amazing, thanks for the thorough response!
I will go through everything and report back, thanks again!

No problem! Let me know if you're up and running. I suggest removing my device entries as well.

DSDT.aml without errors and warnings :)
Also checked IOreg file. IORegistryExplorer - Version 3.0.2 (14)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    48 KB · Views: 76
  • Pavel.ioreg.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back