Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Prime H370M-PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Everything went smoothly until I encountered the same problem as @chungwei and @poles.
But as Poles mentions, using the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi fixes the problem!

@blueridgedog, thanks for posting this guide. I have the same motherboard and am using an i5-9600K. I am having a heck of a time trying to get the installer to even load successfully, I seem to get different results on every boot... Can I ask with your install, did you use the internal graphics initially? Also, what BIOS version do you use? Thanks!

@blueridgedog, thanks for posting this guide. I have the same motherboard and am using an i5-9600K. I am having a heck of a time trying to get the installer to even load successfully, I seem to get different results on every boot... Can I ask with your install, did you use the internal graphics initially? Also, what BIOS version do you use? Thanks!

Any progress on this, friend?

I am seriously considering this Asus H370.
It seems like there are fewer issues than Gigabyte Z390

thx

I have this same board with a i7-8700 CPU and run it in dual boot with two graphic cards. Nvidia 1070 and Radeon Sapphire 480.

Successfully upgraded to Catalina but I can't make sound to work and it gets stuck at reboot/shutdown.

I have this same board with a i7-8700 CPU and run it in dual boot with two graphic cards. Nvidia 1070 and Radeon Sapphire 480.

Successfully upgraded to Catalina but I can't make sound to work and it gets stuck at reboot/shutdown.

Remove Nvidia 1070 and try again.

Reboot/shutdown started working out of the blue. But I still don't have native sound. I can't remove the nvidia 1070 as I use it for my windows install. (I'm a gamer :D )

Reboot/shutdown started working out of the blue. But I still don't have native sound. I can't remove the nvidia 1070 as I use it for my windows install. (I'm a gamer :D )
Are you using AppleALC.kext for audio? Try to change Audio Inject ID in between 1 to 8 or follow this guide and navigate to Chapter-5: AppleALC .

Kept trying, to no success. I even tried to get the pci id from windows to enter into config.plist and it only ended up in panics. Imma stick to my bluetooth headphones for now :D

One other thing that bothers me is that from time to time I need to reset nvram as I get ASSERTION. Any way to force an NVRAM reset everytime I shutdown or reset?

Any way to force an NVRAM reset everytime I shutdown or reset

Maybe you need to write a bash scripts with this code:

sudo nvram -c

and follow some tutorials like:

By the way have you disabled System Integrity Protection by running csrutil disable from recovery?

Just wanted to update this thread with the sound issue. When I snapshoted my OpenCore folder for my config.plist, I forgot to delete all the drivers but the two. Did that now and sounds works perfectly, and everything is detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back