Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been patiently waiting for mountian lion, in order to get this ivy bridge running

seen about 2 guides, but had no success, so through trial and error, and installing ~8 times, i finally got a good system running

Hope this info helps out and may save you some headaches in your installation

download ML from appstore and use latest 1.51 unibeast to make bootable USB (took several tries to make a good one that actually booted the install)

install from unibeast USB

boot unibeast and point it to freshly installed OSX hard drive

used kextbeast to install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext & fakesmc.kext

use chimera 1.11 to make bootable

enable hidden folders and relaunch finder in terminal
'defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES'
'killall Finder'

with hidden files enabled copy 'EXTRA' folder from unibeast install USB into the root of Macintosh HD
delete all items from extra/extensions folder
edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with graphicsenabler=yes and graphicsmode=1080p resolution:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

use multibeast to enable network:
-apple e1000 network kext

use multibeat to enable audio
-unified device injector ALC8xxHDA
-non-dsdt hdaenabler ALC892

I have a asus p8z77-v, i5 3570k CPU, and 450 gtx and i haven't had great success with multibeast. I keep trying to follow other guides but get kernel panics. I'll try yours tonight, hope it works well.

First time I try this:
Same motherboard + I7-3770K. All working except Audio.
My GTX570 was working without having to install with MultiBeast (4.6.1). Network working without MultiBeast.

Can't get the Audio working. Installed both ALC8xxHDA and ALC892

Few questions:
I have a Windows 7 Install on primary hard-drive. If I don't have my unibeast USB inside, the computer boots in Windows 7 which is good because I want to keep both Windows and ML. Can I do something regarding this? I don't want to re-install my Windows(it takes ages with all the software/updates that I need).

Also, I have to PCIRootUID=0 every time I enter OSX, this (graphicsenabler=yes and graphicsmode=1080p resolution) doesn't work.

All this might sound a bit stupid but this is my first attempt to build a hackintosh.

Thanks guys !

use chimera, in the downloads section, to enable bootable hard drive and ability to multi boot either win7 or osx

You can enter picrootuid=0 into the org.chameleon.plist so you dont actually need to type it everytime...
this file is located in the \extra folder in the root of your install drive, or if your like me and didnt have it there you can manually copy it over from the install usb you've used.
Re-read this portion:

enable hidden folders and relaunch finder in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

with hidden files enabled copy 'EXTRA' folder from unibeast install USB into the root of Macintosh HD
delete all items from extra/extensions folder

navigate to extra folder and open org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Paste the following code into and save:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hey guys I'm also running the P8Z77 v Pro with an i5 3570k but am using an Asus gtx570. I dpnt have to use any flags to get to the install but when it comes to the os i have to use GraphicsEnabler=No because of my gfx card. As for the motherboard I have flashed the modified bios that was discussed here http://www.tonymacx86.com/116-modified-roms-flashable-asus-z77-h77.html and can be downloaded here http://bios4asus.blogspot.com/ The new bios apparently removes the need to flash kexts for sleep/wake and speedstep while not doing harm to windows. This is a quote from the website "These roms have been edited so that they are OSX friendly. They allow for native speedstep, and get rid of the issue of OSX kernel panicking on appleintelcpupowermanagement.

These roms negate the need to use nullcpupowermanagement, or speedstepper to patch the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.

These roms are based on tried and tested information, and have been tested on numerous boards.*
However, use at your own risk.
"
I can't confirm that this works because when i used multibeast it gnarled the os but otherS have had success. Flashing the bios was pretty easy.

I'm also wondering of you guys had any success with the onboard wifi module at all? And which version of multibeast did you use because I did the same options with the audio and Ethernet and it kille the Os. Sorry for the long post I've been reading a ton to get this to work and this is the closest I've found to my build so I'm tryin to be helpful and get some info myself.

Hi Cirial have you had any luck completing installation? I've been getting kernel panics too and am about to try teewhy's method out now!

Flashing the BIOS solved Kernal Panics for me. Still no sleep though. The screen goes black and everything keeps spinning when I try, and I end up having to crash it.

Did you guys manage to get the WIFI that came with the P8Z77 to work?? That'a a very important info for me, because i don't have cable internet :( only wifi network.

Only solution with wifi is to buy new wifi card because could be long time before suport comes for build in card. Tplink is cheapest I think.

Hi guys!

Here's my system :
2700K (intel HD3000)
Z68X-UDH3-B3 F10
XFX 6950 2gb

First off, thanks for this little guide. I got my 6950 partially working with 10.8 because of you! I use to have only a blue screen after cold boot and now I can reach the desktop and no Kernel Panic after about 1 hour of use.

A few things aren't working well though. I can't get full resolution of my monitor (1680X1050) even if it's clearly specified in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Right now it's at 1400X1050. Also, the card is clearly not running at its full potential. Mine is plugged into the PCIEX8 slot for space reasons... but I don't think it's the cause of the following bugs :
- The launchpad and notification center are lagging ;
- OSX animations aren't smooth at all ;
- Shadows are uuuuugly.

The screenshot below shows that there is no kext loaded. Would that be the reason why it's not running properly?

It's really nice that it's running only by replacing the AMDRadeonAcceleratorBACKUP.kext, but that'd be great if one of you had some inputs for me.

Here's my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file :

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>Created with Champlist</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>