Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SUCCESS] 100% working Asus P8Z77-V LX + i5-3570K + GTX 970 TwinFrozr

SPECS:
• MB : ASUS P8Z77-V LX
• CPU : Intel Core i5-3570k
• GPU : MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V
• RAM : Patriot Viper (2x8Gb)
• SSD : OCZ-Agility4 128 GB (El Capitan)
• SSD : Samsung SSD 840 PRO 128 GB (Windows 10)
• HDD : Samsung HD320KJ 7200rpm 320 GB (Time Machine)
• HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3 TB (Data)
• PSU : Corsair GS800 Gaming
• WiFI : TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 PCI

Step 1: Updated BIOS to version 2501.

Step 2: Followed the general El Capitan desktop guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. I used boot flag nv_disable=1 for the installation. After installing NVidia's Web and Cuda Drivers, there is no more need for those flags.

That's pretty much it! Installing OSX on PC has never been so easy. I takes less than one hour to do everything.

Except for audio, and Continuity/Hands Off and iMessage everything works like it's supposed to. Audio will give you static unless you set Voodoo HDA Settings loader as a login item. Microphone gives constant static for some reason and captures audio very quiet. I haven't found a way to fix that. Continuity and Hands Off requires a bluetooth adapter and a WiFi adapter with a broadcom chip, which I don't have. My iMessage says that my phone doesn't have iMessage enabled. Not sure what to do about that, but I don't really care. Nobodu uses it anyways.

Edit: To fix audio, I uninstalled everything to do with VoodooHDA (Kexts, App, Pref Pane). Then I installed ALC887 kext and HDAEnabler1 from latest MultiBeast. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/174934-solution-asus-p8z77-v-lx-no-audio-el-capitan.html. Only problem now is no audio after waking up from sleep. Not a hube problem, as you can reset HDA manually.

Edit2: Installed ALC887 kext from MultiBeast 6.1. Now audio works also after sleep. No HDA reset needed.

My phone rang today and El Capitan gave me the option to answer it on the computer. And it worked! I guess Continuity/Hands off works without bluetooth (and enablers) after all. iMessage works too.

Edit3: I deleted audio kexts and tried to do another native ALC patch. This time it worked with the audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command!!!

USB3 confirmed to work. Finally a fully working Asus hackintosh. :)

Are all of your USB ports working? I've got a P8Z77-I and that's my only remaining issue.

Are all of your USB ports working? I've got a P8Z77-I and that's my only remaining issue.

Hi, this thread is a little old, but I'm currently using a P8Z77-V LX. Originally, only the USB 3.0 ports worked. I updated my bios to 2501 and that fixed that issue. Next up, audio. I'll see how this goes.

I just got a 2nd hand P8Z77-V LX to replace my faulty Gigabyte Z77P-D3 (ran on El Capitan Stable). When try to boot using same SSD, it cant boot. Stuck at Apple Logo Progress bar. I guess I need to start all over again.
It would be great help if you can post your Clover EFI files somewhere for me as reference. Thank a lot.

PS: try to pm you but post counts too low. Sorry.

I can take a look at what I have in my Clover boot EFI and share the files via dropbox link.
Thank a lot.
I had actually create El Capitan USB installer with -cpu=1, nv_disable=1 flags.
Also manage to install to my SSD using this:http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Now my problem is front and back USB port are not working well. Cant detect plugged keyboard, mouse, External HDD and BT dongle (belkin). Mobo Bios already updated to 2501. May I know how you resolve this problem? Any guide or link will be very much appreciated.

The front USB depends on your case. My case has two USB3.0, which work out of the box for me. Check that you have connected the wires correctly, and check your BIOS USB settings.

I don't think you need the "-cpu=1" boot flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back