Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus P8Z68-v GEN3 + Intel i5 2500k + GTX560 but still need little bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I am working on hackintosh over 2 years (I started with 10.9.) and I recently finished my El Capitan build. I do not know if this is the right way how to try get some more help for finish my long term hackintosh setup right, but I decited to create this thread for discus my build with you guys. I also wanna share my setup for everyone with simillar HW. Thank to everyone who will help me :)

So I am basically asking for some tips how to build long term hackintosh (ready to updates, etc).

So for the start, this is my spec:
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 16GB (4x 4Gb)
Crucial CT120 M500 - 120Gb
WD Black 1TB
2x WD Green EZRX - 2TB​

About the installation:

I created USB stick with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

I passed instalation with these clover parameters:
cpus=1

I also enabled Nvidia Injection because of my GTX560​

After instalation:

I installed Clover on my EFI partition.

Here is my config.plist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76lblc5ouuxsldd/config.plist?dl=0

I solved my audio with this (great) guide: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/397wl1/guide_realtek_alc_8xx_1150_with_native_applehda/

My /Library/Extensions folder:
ACS6x.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AppleHDA892.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
ArcMSR.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SoftRAID.kext
intelhaxm.kext​

I've recently updated system to 10.11.1 via App Store with no problem.

And my list of questions:

1) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is it really working?
It’s interesting, I am booting my system without cpus=1 parameter and also I am able to see, that there is CPU power managment

Screenshot 2015-11-01 10.41.30.png

Can I just delete this kext?​

2) Apple TV mirroring icon in menubar
I found, that I have problem probably with mirroring. Sometimes in menubar blink some icon. I tried to check and uncheck "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" in Display settings and it happens every time when I checked the checkbox.

Can it be somehow connected to the bonjour service? I Have Apple TV in my network (I do not need mirror it from this comp, but just curious about this problem, it was all right on Yosemity, but I changer Multibeast to Clover)​

3) Is my SMBIOS right for my spec?

4) Sometimes Bluetooth does not work after boot
Sometimes happens, that I have to reconect my USB Bluetooth dongle after boot. Here is info:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc549uqxmono651/Screenshot 2015-11-01 10.52.15.png?dl=0
Anyone some connection?​

5) Audio after sleep
This is probably never-ending story, but I progress to situation, that sometimes it work sometimes doesn't.​

I will update this post later.

Thanks

hello i have the same board with 2600k cpu and Gtx 550 Ti GPU
but the problem i always can't manage install with unibeast that using clover, it's gives me kernal panic or this sign stop_sign.png

i always using the old unibeast with GraphicsEnabler=Yes to enter the OS X but Clover is not the same and Nvidia Injection didn't work

for the sound try install ALC892 driver from Multibeast 6.1

Please boot verbose (space bar from Clover menu) and post a photo of where it stops or the kernel panic it gets.

it says :
P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0

it says :
P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0

Somebody posted yesterday that they overcame this obstacle by disabling EIST in BIOS - YMMV

Hey all,

thanks for the tips!

It worked for me (no GEN3 mobo version). I have used the 2nd legacy efi booter from Clover in Multibeast.
With the first option, I was getting the "forbidden direction" symbol too.

Are USB3 & bluetooth working fine on your setup?

I go to finish the post install now with the audio thing.

Hey again, I am trying to figure out how to solve the audio with the guide you are linking.

I have a related question, if you don't mind: I used the multibeast driver for AppleHDA (patch?) for the 892 chip, but now I am seeing on the guide that there's no need to patch this kext, and I don't know if multibeast have pasted it or not...

Any of you have or knows where to download the un-patched Apple HDA for 10.11.3 ?

It's being hard to make to me to make it work... I am on it. :)

Thanks

There's not a way to download an unpatched AppleHDA. If it was only MultiBeast 8 that did anything with it, you can simple remove any .zml files inside and re-run kextcache to confirm that the original signature is valid again. If you've used any other scripts or tools, though, it's possible that there were binary patches applied that wouldn't be that easy to roll back.

ok. Thanks a lot for your reply!!

I used just Multibeast 8.0.1 and I deleted the 4 zml that where inside the content of AppleHDA.kext.
I used Kext Wizard for the repair and rebuild.

I followed all the guide for the audio again but still no audio device detected by the system.
The AppleHDA892.kext that I directly created on -/Library/Extensions- can't be checked for integrity on the Kext info tab of Kext Wizard... Maybe it's something related to that. Also I can see the kext it's not loaded on the related tab neither.

... that's the only thing I didn-t knew know how to do it:
re-run kextcache to confirm that the original signature is valid again.'

EDIT: SOLVED! now it's working! thanks all for the tips and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back