GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Specs:
CPU: 2600k i7 - Do not overclock for install.
Mobo: Asus p8z68-m Pro
GFX: GTX 770 MSI 2gb Twin Frozer
Ram: Kingston HyperX 2133 (Set to 1600 for install)
SSD: Patriot Pyro 60gb

Pro tip: Disk utility using USB 3.0 flash drives on a hackintosh does not seem to work when trying to format to Journaled file system. Use a USB 2.0 port instead or a usb 2.0 extension cable.

Issues: Booting into the installer was painful and very difficult.

Before you begin: Disconnect all unnecessary drives and USB keys, mass storage etc. Only your OS X Boot drive AND your OS X installation using UniBeast drive should be connected. I have found in the past that OS X has over-written my boot partition on my windows drive and that is not fun.

1. Follow the guide to begin with. i.e. load default settings, set ram to 1600mhz, don't overclock, and DISABLE VT-d. Disable multi-screen GPU and leave integrated graphics set to auto (for memory size)
2. Boot from the USB in Forced Bios and Legacy mode. Use boot flags -x -v nv-disabled. This got me to the installation. I tried everything including GraphicEnabler=yes etc. but those 3 worked for me.
3. Install as normal.
4. Allow reboot and boot from usb key to the OS X partition.
5. MultiBeast settings:
  1. DSDT Free
  2. Realtek ALC 892
  3. TRIM for SSD
  4. NullCPUPowerManagement
  5. USB 3.0 Universal
  6. Realtek RTL 8111 v 1.2.3 (Ethernet)
  7. 1080p boot for fun
  8. Sandy Bridge i5/i7 overclocked
  9. Leave everything else as default!
6. Restart and ensure boot from the main drive works fine.
7. Open settings -> Sound -> Output -> Select "Internal Speakers" and adjust the sound. Check the box "Show volume in menu bar". Sound was not working until I did this.
8. Test youtube video that everything is running and working smoothly.
9. Enjoy!

I can NOT stress this part enough: Use a tool like Macrium Reflect, and create a rescue drive using USB, boot to it and create 2 backup images of the drive.
  1. After the successful installation of OS X 10.10 and you can boot using the USB key.
  2. After you have installed all the drivers and everything seems to work fine.
I have had a lot of issues in the past trying to run UEFI Windows and BIOS OS X along side each other and have lost the entire disk before, restoring the image is as simple as using the rescue media and the image you created and restoring it to the drive.

I prefer the USB key method rather than windows as it means there is less happening in the background and the pc is focused on one thing only.

Update: Just restored overclocking to 4.5 ghz turbo and 2133MHz XMP profile, VT-d is back on and everything is running smoothly still!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back