Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is an old budget board I bought along with an i5-2500K about a year or so ago.. I'd been holding still with Lion ever since the first successful install but today I decided it was time to give Mavericks a try. I should state that I was lucky enough to have another helpful forum user help me perfect my dsdt on Lion. I am using that same dsdt for Mavericks and so far so good. I decided to start fresh and did the following:

1. Install 2nd HD in machine and start with clean install (UniBeast)
2. MultiBeast options :
A. Userdsdt (Again- using previous dsdt that I did with Lion)
B. Audio- tried several but the one that ended up working was 887/888b "without dsdt"
C. Network - Realtek AppleRTL8169 2.0.6
D. Video- didn't do anything - Intel 3000 detected and is working fine​

That's it! Once I got the audio working all is well including sleep, speedstep, etc.. Currently transferring back all user files from Time Machine backup, then I'll test it for a few more days and either stick with the "test" hard drive, or SuperDuper everything back to the original HDD. Did a Geekbench and it was around 8850. Not sure it that's about on par for a stock 2500k (8 gig ram), or if it's a little low, I hope not.. This isn't a gaming rig though and everything seems really snappy. Great to give new life to an old board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back