Contribute
Register

SUCCESS!!! ASUS P7P55D, I5, 2.73 GHz, 8GB, LION, SL &WIN 7

How much money did you spend to have your CustoMac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MAC X LION
CPU
CORE i5
Graphics
XFX HD 4850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
:thumbup:
Power Supply: SevenTeam 500BAZ
Mother Board: ASUS P7P55D PRO
CPU: i5-750 LGA 1156, 2.73 GHz
VIDEO ADAPTOR: ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024 MB(2 DVI PORTS)
MONITOR:VIEWSONIC VX715, MAX RESOLUTION 1280X1024
MEMORY: 8GB CORSAIR, XMS3 NO OVERCLOCK 1600 MHz
Hard Drive1: SSD 6Gb/sec.CORSAIR SATA3 FORCE, 120 GB, 3 partitions( 62GB LION, 8 GB Installer LION, 50 GB Win7)
Hard Drive2: 1 TB, Seagate, 3GB/sec.(SATA 2), 4 partitions(250GB each, Snow leopard, 3 extras for data)
Hard Drive3: 1 TB, Seagate, 3GB/sec.(SATA 2), 1 PARTITION (WIN VISTA)
CDROM: DVD PLEXTOR PX 800A, ATA, yes it is a IDE old style connector! ! !
Bluetooth dongle US$10.00
MAGIC MOUSE
LOGITECH MOUSE (USB)
MAGIC TRACKPAD
APPLE KEYBOARD WIRED-KEYBOARD
4 powerful FANS( one on top of the 4 RAM modules)

I started working on my Hackintosh, almost 2 yrs. ago.
At that time, I bought the major components from Amazon, but I installed VISTA.
2010, I could not make my Hackintosh working. I didn't try hard, I gave up for the firsts walls which I could not trespass. So, I used my computer for almost 9 months running smoothly Win Vista.
In June, 2011, I met in US, what I can call my Mentor, a very funny and clever guy from Germany, Freddy, who told me not to give up in first barriers which I dealt with.
I came back to Brazil, my homeland, and finally worked hard for 48 consecutive hours(my wife was in a business trip, clothes all over the floor, coffee and beer for the lonely nights :lol: ), ordering Pizzas and sodas, in reality, when I have any problem, I don't feel like hungry, I just forget to eat, trying to collect as much information as possible.
http://www.tonymacx86.com is the best source in the internet for Hackintoshs.
You cannot believe how HAPPY :mrgreen: I became.
To make a long story short.
Following the guides and video-guides for similar systems like mine, it is very difficult to make it working, nevertheless, my 25% chinese blood keep me in the proper track. Remember, 48 consecutive hrs of my work...I didn't ask anything in the posts, because the solution I already knew it is spread all over the net.
Set my RAM memory to 4GB, Chimera does not address more than 4GB while installing it.

I tried to save some bucks and tried to use downloaded version of SL, but it didn't work.
I ordered the Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3 and start from there.US$30.00

The current version of Iboot doesn't work for my RIG, I used a Iboot ATI version to load SL to my MACMOD. this is the only version which did the install.

1st big problem: PANIC ON CPU.
AHCI was not set in BIOS setting, because I didn't want my Win VISTA to stop working.
Lookup reviews for manipulating the Win REGISTER and set some flags for my VISTA to stay working.
2nd big problem: PANIC on CPU again...
When the DVI video cable was used, I always got the CPU PANIC, I decided to search specifically for my Video Adapter, and...boom...bumm...VGA cable was set in place, no more problems, Snow Leopard loaded smoothly.
3rd: Multibeast
After version 3.xxx,(not sure) drivers for ATI 48xx was added to Multibeast, I don't know what are incompatibilities between ATI and SL, but for sure there is some...
I upgraded my system for SSD Drive, tried to clone the current partition HD of SL to my new SSD Drive, almost worked, but somehow the chimera was not cloned... I decided to go further and install LION, released on JULY 2011.

Installed again SL to my new SSD Drive.
Then new problems... After creating " installer" partition, Xmove didn't work. Solution: "A quick way to remedy this is to manually mount the InstallESD.dmg and run xMove again."
somehow I figured out what this statement meant...
My "installer" partition finally worked.
But it is not over my saga yet.
Installer partition didn't boot up properly...
Next move...
Burn a new boot CD called RBoot....Thru RBoot CD, I finally manage to install LION on top of my current SL.
Finally set back the extra 4 GB to MOBO...
I'm really happy with my MACMod...15 secs to boot up Lion from the moment I switch ON my computer.
in few weeks I want to update to 10.7.1 Lion,

Few comments: I used to work with Quadras back in 1995, and believe or not, we do have a couple of them working and doing its job in Brazil. Fast 66 MHz with 64 MBytes of RAM .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_950
Next yr. project. Buy a Apple MacBook Air 13.3".~~US$999.00~~US$2000.00 Work hard and save money! ! !
http://www.apple.com/macbookair/
THANKS A LOT....TONYMAC! ! !

Chinese Proverb: Try to save the dead horse as if it is still alive!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-24 at 5.58.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-24 at 5.58.54 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-24 at 6.16.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-24 at 6.16.05 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 567
I basically have the same rig. I am quite happy with it as well

I have the same mother board (P7P55D) and I5 @4.01Ghz w/ ASUS ATI 5770.
I wonder if you can get your combo to do the HDMI audio output.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back