Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled upon this thread after having my own success with Mojave (and High Sierra) on socket 1156. As @sos86 said earlier in this thread, Model MacPro 5,1 works perfectly. My Biostar TH55HD motherboard is based on the H55 chipset, but some of my findings are still relevant to this discussion.

My thread is here:

Mojave on Socket 1156 / H55

I'm having some LAN issues with my P7P55D-E-PRO. I'm using the RealtekRTL8111.kext from multibeast but it's spotty and isn't giving me gigabit at all - maxes out at around 100. Anyone know a better idea than that kext? I never used to need it until I resurrected this machine for HS, the DSDT from this site always used to be fine.

EDIT - Just seen I'm on v2.0.0, so I'll try 2.2.1 from this site.

EDIT 2 - didn’t work. Still the same behaviour, speeds bouncing up and down, not consistent. Will try a safe boot next, see if it’s a service borking it.

Last edited:
Hi, i'm having a lot of problems when trying to install High sierra on my machine (i'm currently using this machine with High sierra installed with unibeast/multibeast) but i really wanted to presform a "vanilla" install because this version Is giving me a lot of headache... I was wondering of someone who's got his installer to work could help me or like send me his EFI folder...

Has anyone managed to install Catalina?

Thank you for this topic.
I’ve managed to install Mojave very easy, but my old GT220 was not good.
Now I’m running HS.

Does anybody know how to enable the USB 3.0 ports?

I've attached my USB config plist and drivers (others_usb)
After I've installed the Nvidia Web driver from here, put config.plist from config2.zip on the HDD/SSD (not usb) and restart.
It will use the nvidia Web driver, if you have such a card (my case old GT220)

I cannot see any of the USB 3.0 ports

Attachments

• config2.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Others_USB.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Hey,

I installed 10.13.6 on my Hackintosh with P7P55D-E Pro and i5 760 but I have Ethernet Problems and poor Performance, also I have Graphics Issues with my old 7100GS but I am gonna upgrade it soon. I also couldn't get Audio to work, can anybody help me out?

Hey,

I installed 10.13.6 on my Hackintosh with P7P55D-E Pro and i5 760 but I have Ethernet Problems and poor Performance, also I have Graphics Issues with my old 7100GS but I am gonna upgrade it soon. I also couldn't get Audio to work, can anybody help me out?

I'm running Mojave on my P7P55D-E Pro...- Not sure about Audio - I use USB audio through an Apple Cinema display with no Kexts necessary.
But I had major issues with the Realtek onboard LAN - it would work for a while then it refused to work no matter what i did. I think the chip is actually faulty.
So I got an Intel CT Gigabit Desktop adapter and edited the Intel82574L kext (to reflect the device ids of the Intel CT) according to Hacktivits detailed post...

Works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back