Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
try Safe Boot (-x), then do the following:

1. go to System/Library/Extentions (S/L/E) and delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
    • If you do not see this kext file then that's your issue. Running MultiBeast again should install and resolve...if not continue reading.
  2. Launch Disk Utility and repair permissions
  3. Using KextBeast or Champlist do the following: (i used Champlist in this example)
    • Launch Champlist, click Kext Utility and also select the drive you installed OS X on in upper right corner
      • Install AppleACPIPlatform.kext I provided and rebuild cache (*Note* ​This AppleACPIPlatform.kext is v1.3.6. The version contained in MultiBeast 6.0 is newer which should have worked but that's not always the case. This kext is needed or your system wont boot and will get stuck at the Grey Apple boot screen with no spinning dial. If you boot with verbose (-v) you will get stuck at “IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87”:Pic

Ok, so I have been trying this, however, still no succes, it keeps blocking after IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.:banghead: I'm using a P7P55D-Deluxe with the dsdt from tonymacx86.com. Does anyone have any other ideas, why this is not working?
I can't even boot in -x...

Ok, so I have been trying this, however, still no succes, it keeps blocking after IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.:banghead: I'm using a P7P55D-Deluxe with the dsdt from tonymacx86.com. Does anyone have any other ideas, why this is not working?
I can't even boot in -x...

Sorry that you are plagued by this issues but if the steps I provided in this write-up did not work for you then I really cannot offer any further assistance since we do not have the same exact board. Even though they are similar, what works on one does not necessarily work on another. Try doing a google search for that error with your board. keep us informed on your findings...

Thanks for the guide Lexone. It really helped me a lot with the transition to Mavericks from Lion. I was wondering if you used the new SMBIOS definition for 6,1 on your system? If so, did it affect your power management functionality?

Thanks

Thanks for the guide Lexone. It really helped me a lot with the transition to Mavericks from Lion. I was wondering if you used the new SMBIOS definition for 6,1 on your system? If so, did it affect your power management functionality?

Thanks

Glad to hear that it was able to help you get your system running. For this particular system, I am still running an iMac 14,2 System Definition and have not had any issues with power management...sleep/wake work just fine. I may decide to change the definition to Mac Pro 6,1 and test/validate on this system

On a new system that I build and am currently running/using (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC...check my sig for that guide/write-up), I did install Mac Pro 6,1 System Definition along with the new FakeSMC kext/plug-ins via MultiBeast 6.2.1 and have not had any issues either. Sleep/wake still works. Energy saver settings do take effect and system sleeps at the designated time set and wakes up without issues. The only thing I have noticed is that at times after waking, I lose Audio and need to reboot the system. It does not happen all the time tho so it's not a big concern to me.

Sleep/Wake work well for me either. My problem is I don't get the HDD's turned off but I guess it's because Mavericks doesn't recognise that SATA controller. I've posted here this thing earlier but I can't figure it out yet.

Sleep/Wake work well for me either. My problem is I don't get the HDD's turned off but I guess it's because Mavericks doesn't recognise that SATA controller. I've posted here this thing earlier but I can't figure it out yet.

OK I understand what you mean, but I can confirm that I am not having those same issues. If/when i place the system to sleep, all of my drives (SSD's & HDD's) power down and I can validate that I do not hear the HDD spinning. Which version of MultiBeast have you used on this system, with what version of FakeSMC, and which system definition are you currently using?

As i previously mentioned, I am using iMac 14,2 on this system with no PM issues. Same goes for my other build using Mac Pro 6,1 system definition.

14,2 is working fine for me also. I identify more with a Mac Pro than an imac though so if I could get good results using a different profile I'd kinda prefer it. Silly, I know but there it is... :)

OK I understand what you mean, but I can confirm that I am not having those same issues. If/when i place the system to sleep, all of my drives (SSD's & HDD's) power down and I can validate that I do not hear the HDD spinning. Which version of MultiBeast have you used on this system, with what version of FakeSMC, and which system definition are you currently using?

As i previously mentioned, I am using iMac 14,2 on this system with no PM issues. Same goes for my other build using Mac Pro 6,1 system definition.

Ok sorry for confusing you. My HDDs turn off when computer sleeps.
They never turn off when the computer is on. I've checked that checkbox that says turn off HDD when possible. I would like them to be off because Mavericks does not detect them anyway.
As far as I can see mine is Mac Pro 3.1. Can I change that? Do I need to if everything works great except my HDDs off thing?

14,2 is working fine for me also. I identify more with a Mac Pro than an imac though so if I could get good results using a different profile I'd kinda prefer it. Silly, I know but there it is... :)
OK i get you. Go for it and install Mac Pro 6,1 snd test your results/performance. I also identify mine more with a Mac Pro as well but at the time of build, Mac Pro 6,1 wasn't out and I achieved great benchmarks with 14,2. But you should be fine bud. :thumbup:

Ok sorry for confusing you. My HDDs turn off when computer sleeps.
They never turn off when the computer is on. I've checked that checkbox that says turn off HDD when possible. I would like them to be off because Mavericks does not detect them anyway.
As far as I can see mine is Mac Pro 3.1. Can I change that? Do I need to if everything works great except my HDDs off thing?
Yes, you can change it by installing a new System Definition with MultiBeast. Be sure to repair permissions before rebooting tho. If everything works with 3,1 then you don't need to change but you easily can and may achieve better benchmark results with a newer definition such as Mac Pro 6,1 or an iMac 14,2. Keep me posted...:thumbup:

I tried 6,1 and it looked cool and sleep worked fine but it stopped speed stepping and dropped my multiplier to 9. 3,1 works fine though so I guess I'll stick with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back