Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!
I reinstalled as below and the Green out still missing, I am using Kext 2.5.6

- delete ViaHDA.kext in Systems\Library\Extensions
- Repair permission using Disk Utility
- use Kext to build cache(which repair permssion again)
- Reboot and install ViaHDA.kext using Kext Utility, cache rebuilt
- Repair permission using Disk Utility

I tried 44100Hz and 48000Hz when installed v2.8.4 and v2.7.4 respectively, but both give choppy sound without adjusting volume. Thanks again!

No problem buddy. Since we have "similar" but not "identical" motherboards, it is difficult for me to assist in finding the root cause. :banghead:

At this point I will have to say I have exhausted my resources and you next best bet is to order yourself the Syba USB audio dongle that I have mentioned before. Please let me know if that works for you.

I'm supposed to receive my usb sound card today so I'll post how that goes when I try it.

I did a fresh install and tried the Voodoo kexts again with the same results (choppy/crackling, laggy sound)

I also installed Chameleon and the FileNVRAM so I could get iMessage working, and it does, but my machine will no longer sleep now on its own. It was sleeping before I ran the Chameleon bootloader as shown in this guide.

Is there anyway to install the FileNVRAM or necessary kexts without going through Chameleon? I would love to have auto sleep and iMessage work.

I forgot to mention it before but in any case this guide is amazingly helpful and thanks to all who have contributed and to lexone for putting it together.

Thx for the Kudos, it is always my pleasure to assist in any way I can. :mrgreen:

As far as sleep/wake, are you using the Chameleon bootloader as well? If so, you can try reverting back to the Chimera installer and see if that helps. There are other threads to troubleshoot those issues. As for the FileNVRAM, yes...you can download the files directly (Google search for it) and place them in the proper location (Modules folder) but I had previously tried this and did not get iMessage to work. So then I attempted to you chameleon to install it which worked. I rarely put my machine to sleep, but I can confirm that it works just fine in my setup. Also let me know how the Syba USB audio dongle works for you.

No problem buddy. Since we have "similar" but not "identical" motherboards, it is difficult for me to assist in finding the root cause. :banghead:

At this point I will have to say I have exhausted my resources and you next best bet is to order yourself the Syba USB audio dongle that I have mentioned before. Please let me know if that works for you.

Thx for the Kudos, it is always my pleasure to assist in any way I can. :mrgreen:

As far as sleep/wake, are you using the Chameleon bootloader as well? If so, you can try reverting back to the Chimera installer and see if that helps. There are other threads to troubleshoot those issues. As for the FileNVRAM, yes...you can download the files directly (Google search for it) and place them in the proper location (Modules folder) but I had previously tried this and did not get iMessage to work. So then I attempted to you chameleon to install it which worked. I rarely put my machine to sleep, but I can confirm that it works just fine in my setup. Also let me know how the Syba USB audio dongle works for you.

Well I did a clean install and did not add a Voodoo kext or FileNVRAM or Chameleon just the most recent Chimera.

Good news is that the Syba USB audio works just as it should and I just plugged it straight in and sound was working with no issues.

Sleep was working fine even after installing the USB audio (I didn't expect any issues). Then I updated remote desktop client, iBooks and iTunes through the App Store and then did a restart and for whatever reason I can't get it to auto sleep again (monitor goes out but the fans and HDD lights on the case stay on and I can't wake the monitor back up after that point).

So maybe it was doing this on my earlier install and FileNVRAM or Chameleon had nothing to do with it but I'm not sure what is going on with the sleep issue at the moment. I've never had good luck getting my combo to sleep but I was hopeful that it would because it has slept and woken back up on 2 different occasions after a clean install when I first boot to the hard drive and not from the UniBeast USB. So I don't have time to mess with it now but I'll try to get iMessages to work without going through Chameleon. If anyone has any clues about the sleep issues any advice would be appreciated. But hooray for cheap/decent sounding USB audio.

UPDATE: So adding the FileNVRAM to the Extra/modules folder worked for me for iMessage functionality. I just started at step 4 from jaymonkey's thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html.

Not sure why sleep works one time and then not again but I'm able to have good sound and iMessage/iCloud working now.

Thanks a lot for your help Lexone!
I will see if there is an updated version on Voodoo later. I am not in USA and too expensive to order in Amazon for the shipment charges. Looking at local computer shops now and not find the Syba USB audio yet. If get it, shall voodoo be removed?

1 more question, is there a SATA 6G card compatible for Mavericks? P7P55D just supports SATA 3G.

Thanks again~~

Well I did a clean install and did not add a Voodoo kext or FileNVRAM or Chameleon just the most recent Chimera.

Good news is that the Syba USB audio works just as it should and I just plugged it straight in and sound was working with no issues.

Sleep was working fine even after installing the USB audio (I didn't expect any issues). Then I updated remote desktop client, iBooks and iTunes through the App Store and then did a restart and for whatever reason I can't get it to auto sleep again (monitor goes out but the fans and HDD lights on the case stay on and I can't wake the monitor back up after that point).

So maybe it was doing this on my earlier install and FileNVRAM or Chameleon had nothing to do with it but I'm not sure what is going on with the sleep issue at the moment. I've never had good luck getting my combo to sleep but I was hopeful that it would because it has slept and woken back up on 2 different occasions after a clean install when I first boot to the hard drive and not from the UniBeast USB. So I don't have time to mess with it now but I'll try to get iMessages to work without going through Chameleon. If anyone has any clues about the sleep issues any advice would be appreciated. But hooray for cheap/decent sounding USB audio.

UPDATE: So adding the FileNVRAM to the Extra/modules folder worked for me for iMessage functionality. I just started at step 4 from jaymonkey's thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html.

Not sure why sleep works one time and then not again but I'm able to have good sound and iMessage/iCloud working now.

Great to hear your audio is working using the Syba USB dongle. For iMessage/iCloud, i too had tried that method but was unsuccessful and the only method that worked for me at the time was to go the Chameleon route. But nice to hear you had success with it and if I need to down the road I will consider switching back to that method.

Thanks a lot for your help Lexone!
I will see if there is an updated version on Voodoo later. I am not in USA and too expensive to order in Amazon for the shipment charges. Looking at local computer shops now and not find the Syba USB audio yet. If get it, shall voodoo be removed?

1 more question, is there a SATA 6G card compatible for Mavericks? P7P55D just supports SATA 3G.

Thanks again~~

No problem, it's my pleasure to try and help people. As for the SATA card, I found the following ASUS SATA 6GB/USB3.0 PCIe card which should work for you. It provides 2 USB3.0 ports and 2 SATA 6GB ports. I also found a SYBA USB adapter for you and both of these parts are available on the Amazon UK site which may be your best/closest merchant. Please give these a try if you are able to order.

[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-U3S6-USB-SATA-PCIe/dp/B002VVQ58M[/AMAZON-uk]
[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-USB-Audio-Adaptor/dp/B001MSS6CS[/AMAZON-uk]

Good luck!

Hi.
Here is one thing that maybe someone has a solution for.
As maybe you've seen before I have a P7P55D-E.
The problem is I use 2 RAIDs 0 on it and the Mavericks does not detect them.
All I can see is the Marvell controller that the Mavericks is installed on.
Do you think there is a way to make it to see the other HDDs?
Also turn off HDD when possible does not work but I guess for the same reason.

Thank You

Successfully upgraded to 10.9.2 from App Store!
After update and reboot, boot with -x and remove AppleHDA.kext from SLE. Repair Permissions and reboot this time removing the -x flag.
Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 11.08.43 PM.png

Hi.
I managed to update mine just clicking update and nothing more.
Thanks for sharing useful info.

I install 10.9.2 and Voodoo 2.8.4. The sound is a but batter, less choppy. Hope there will be an updated Voodoo version that works well.

I have installed Maveriks, and after MultiBeast with yours lexone DSDT I have the same problem with boot, like http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/69400-after-userdsdt-ml-stuck-boot-screen-apple-logo-no-loading-spinning-wheel.html
I have P7D55D with BIOS 1307, and I didn't remove AppleHDA.kext from SLE, and I didn't repair permissions :(

zdjęcie.jpg

I can't use USB intalation disk also
:crazy:

I tried every flags

I have installed Maveriks, and after MultiBeast with yours lexone DSDT I have the same problem with boot, like http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/69400-after-userdsdt-ml-stuck-boot-screen-apple-logo-no-loading-spinning-wheel.html
I have P7D55D with BIOS 1307, and I didn't remove AppleHDA.kext from SLE, and I didn't repair permissions :(

View attachment 85590

I can't use USB intalation disk also
:crazy:

I tried every flags

Well this would be expected becuase you are using my DSDT which is not designed/patched for your motherboard or BIOS version. My DSDT will only support an ASUS P7P55D-E LX motherboard with a 1602 BIOS version. Why would you expect to boot successfully with incorrect/unsupported files? If a DSDT is not listed for your board over in the DSDT database then you may have to try a UserDSDT-Free build or create and patch your own DSDT via MaciASL tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back