Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately my version of bios is not listed there. It's the previous one.
I don't know. I opened a DSDT file but isn't look like somthing simple to modify.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately my version of bios is not listed there. It's the previous one.
I don't know. I opened a DSDT file but isn't look like somthing simple to modify.

Which motherboard do you own? I know that you stated P4P55... earlier but that doesn't seem correct to me. Can you please verify which one it is? Possibly P7P55D-E???

Yes exactly that is.
My bios is 1601 and as you can see in database it's available just for 1504.

Yes exactly that is.
My bios is 1601 and as you can see in database it's available just for 1504.

OK so you are using a P7P55D-E with a 1601 BIOS but the only available DSDT is for BIOS 1504. So you basically have 2 options if you want to use DSDT...

1. Downgrade your BIOS to 1504
  2. Follow this thread to extract and create your own DSDT. After adding the repos, if your Motherboard is not listed in PJALM's ASUS repository, you will need to either search the forums for more info or reach out to PJALM for instructions and request PJALM to make one and add to repo.

After a few trials, I find the Youtube performance is fine when there is no audio drivers. When I tried a few including the latest Voodoo 2.8.4, the sound is broken and the video performance poor when there us Voodoo set up. I am using P7P55D LE. It looks the audio drivers drag the video performance in Youtube. Please suggest any audio drivers to work with Mavericks.

Thanks in advance!

After a few trials, I find the Youtube performance is fine when there is no audio drivers. When I tried a few including the latest Voodoo 2.8.4, the sound is broken and the video performance poor when there us Voodoo set up. I am using P7P55D LE. It looks the audio drivers drag the video performance in Youtube. Please suggest any audio drivers to work with Mavericks.

Thanks in advance!

OK your board uses a VIA1828S Audio chipset whereas my system uses a VIA1708S Audio Chipset. Here is a link to download the VoodooHDA.kext version 2.7.4 which has been tested and confirmed to work the "ASUS P7P55D LE" motherboard. I had this file and information regarding it when assisting another user some time ago with a Mountain Lion setup which is in my Mountain Lion guide in my sig (credit to Beelzebozo for the link). Please note that it has been tested and confirmed to work in Mountain Lion but not yet on Mavericks. I am confident it will work tho with no issues. Let me know if this helps any...

OK so you are using a P7P55D-E with a 1601 BIOS but the only available DSDT is for BIOS 1504. So you basically have 2 options if you want to use DSDT...

1. Downgrade your BIOS to 1504
  2. Follow this thread to extract and create your own DSDT. After adding the repos, if your Motherboard is not listed in PJALM's ASUS repository, you will need to either search the forums for more info or reach out to PJALM for instructions and request PJALM to make one and add to repo.

Hi. I installed the DSDT for older BIOS 1504. Can this be risky?
I don't like to downgrade the BIOS because I run 2 Raids 0 and I don't want any troubles with them.
Also in the link you provided my motherboard is not listed.
As far as I can see it works well but I\m not sure if it's safe.

Hi Lexone, I tried 2.7.4 but it still has broken sound. Any setting may related to this that I can try? Thanks~~

Hi. I installed the DSDT for older BIOS 1504. Can this be risky?
I don't like to downgrade the BIOS because I run 2 Raids 0 and I don't want any troubles with them.
Also in the link you provided my motherboard is not listed.
As far as I can see it works well but I\m not sure if it's safe.

It may still work but its not recommended to install a DSDT for a BIOS version you are not running. Anyhow, since you say its working so far keep me posted on how your machine reacts but I will warn you may start to get issues/kernel panics.

Hi Lexone, I tried 2.7.4 but it still has broken sound. Any setting may related to this that I can try? Thanks~~

what exactly do you mean by broken sound. You will need to elaborate more and provide as much detail about the issues you face in order for myself or others to help you. What doesn't work? What does work? Do you get any sound? If so, is sound choppy? Volume slider doesn't work?...these are just some example questions that you can start providing responses to. Can you show me a pic as well of all the kexts installed in S/L/E? Also take a look at these posts from one of my other threads...it may help..

Post #9 - from ML Guide
Post #35 - from ML Guide

The sound is choppy. Adjusting volume works.

I followed post #9 and no luck yet.

Please find the attached for ls -l /System/Library/Extensions. Thanks

View attachment sle.txt

Also System Info:
Screenshot 2014-02-16 18.32.12.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back