[Success] Asus P5Q - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 770 (2GB) + Geforce GTX 650 (1GB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everybody.

I confirm 2 working 10.8 Mountain Lion App Store Version Installs on a Asus P5Q Motherboard.
Link to the Motherboard on Asus.com

8GB Ram
Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
Gainward Geforce GTX 550 Ti

Unibeast 1.5 Installation Method.
Running Chimera 1.11.0.

Both Installs:
  • needed to boot the USB Thumb and Volume with "PCIRootUID=0" (because of Graphicscard)
  • Sleep not working
  • Ethernet and Sound not working. needed to be patched/installed

1st Install:
  • 250GB SATA Harddisk.
  • working instantly

2nd Install
  • 64GB SSD.
  • could install.
  • couldn't boot. (IMPORTANT! If you install it freshly without a System that could do the next step!)
  • fixed it with installing Multibeast TRIM Enabler (Multibeast executed on the first Volume. Trim installed on the 2nd Volume)
  • then working. same results as the 1st install

Fixed Ethernet with my old Atheros Lan kext and Sound with a AppleHDA kext from a User with a Asus P5Q on Insanelymac
here are both kexts if needed:
Download (Dropbox directlink)

Almost the same setup ;-)

Hi,

I have the same Mainboard and an EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti. My network, sound and trim function working with out any problems. I have to use "PCIRootUID=0" for installation and booting too.

When my Mac wakes up I lose my graphic, mostly my screen stays black, sometimes I see a blinking login cursor, but my graphic card doesn't update the screen any more and the mac need to be force reseted.

Do you have problems with the sleep mode - exactly with the wake up from the sleep mode?

Oh yeah forgot that.

Sleep is not working. Fans keep working and Graphics wont recover.
i guess we need to wait for a new sleep enabler kext. that worked in Lion too.

P5Q Problem

I have same mb and cpu but I cannot boot from USB, boot 1 : error.
If I boot from chimera on hdd then it stops before reaching welcome screen installation.

I have the same mother board.I also install ML success. Sleep,lan,sound all woking.

M B : P5Q
Ram : 4 G
GPU: ATI 4850 512g

Hi guys.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I successfully managed to get 10.8 installed onto my P5Q board. Had to use the PCIRootUID=0, as i got a blank screen midway through (using an nVidia GT240).

Problem now, is when i boot off the Unibeast USB, and select the partition I install on to complete it and then run the post install, it just reboots back to the BIOS screen, regardless of the usual flags (-v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No or PCIRootUID=0). It will continue to reboot in a loop unless i select a different partition.

Anyone else have this issue? And is there a workaround?
Cheers for the help.

UPDATE: Was something in my Lion installation that didn't like the upgrade! Did a clean install and migrated stuff from a TM backup and worked fine after that.

i have the same setup but was not able to find the dsdt for the P5Q (P45).

i'm currently stuck with no internet connection and needing to F8 to boot.

I have the same mother board.I also install ML success. Sleep,lan,sound all woking.

M B : P5Q
Ram : 4 G
GPU: ATI 4850 512g

limurphy,

could you please say what your method was and link kexts or DSDT.

thanks,

phillyry.

Which setting ended up working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back