GTX 980 SLI custom water loop
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

By the time i bought the motherboard it was nowhere listed and i was very skeptical about it. Doing some research i found out its the ALC1150 chipset and maybe MultiBeast would help me get audio post installation. Tried clover first but didn't get to second part of installation. My bad i got very confused and tried the old and most reliable 'UniBeast - MultiBeast - chimera' route. Worked as a charm!

The reason i chose this motherboard was the awesome overclocking it was offering. Being a mini ITX board and covered with all the bells and whistles from ASUS ROG, this really was a gaming rig compliment. I love the compactness of entire build (Fractal design node 304 is really badass when it comes to packing a lot of power in very small size factor
[Case dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 210 x 374 mm]

Components:

Processor: i7 4790K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4gb Variant
RAM: 16Gb 1600Mhz Crucial Ballistix sports
PSU: Seasonic 650W platinum
Case: Fractal Design Node 304
Cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 140XL
SSD samsung 850pro for mavericks and ocz vertex 4 for windows 7

Others: Keyboard apple, Wacom Intuos 5, and so on

Steps
1. Loaded optimized defaults, disabled secure boot and chose 'OTHER OS'
2. Installed with Nvidia card plugged in, no problems reaching install screen of Mavericks
3. Formatted SSD, installed Mavericks 10.9.5
4. Booted with USB into Mavericks and got MultiBeast options selected as such -> DSDT free, Audio ALC 1150, optional 3 port audio, Intel 9 series motherboard support, and other basic boot options.
5. rebooted again with USB into mavericks and this time installed /Extra on the EFI partition as mentioned by Tonymacx86. You cant miss the topic here in the forum
6. Removed USB, verified with EFI boot and works every time. No kernel panic whatsoever
7. i also found out the WiFi/Bluetooth mini pci card works after installing a kext provided by Toleda. Big thanks to his kext i also was able to enable my Bluetooth and wifi right off the box.

what works:

Everything, except HDMI audio. i still have to get that working but i couldn't fix it. i am not so good with DSDT / SSDT edits.

CPU states work. i checked and verified using intel gadget.

Geekbench gives me a score of 18193 on 64 bit test

Sleep works, audio works after sleep. havent tested audio after deep sleep (sidenote, blown away by that supreme fx II card. its indeed a pleasure to hear sounds i couldnt hear before :)) ) very very kicked about this one.

What doesn't work:
HDMI audio, i know there are links but i couldn't get it working. maybe someone here can help me? :D

Thanks so much to this community. i am learning something new everyday and only because of this forum and awesome ppl, i dared to go with my gut feeling and bought a motherboard i wasn't very sure of. But hey, one more to add to the list of compatibles. Anyone stuck with similar configuration do lemme know if you have any queries. i haven't been too detailed but i can try my best to do what others have been busy doing here, sharing facts and helping out other by their own experiences!!

Have an awesome day guys!
Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 13.16.14.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 13.16.14.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,911
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 13.15.48.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 13.15.48.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,613
I have the Maximus VII Formula, it also has the Supreme FX sound card and I haven't got it working just yet. When I get home today I will try the audio configurations that you used and post if I get it working. I'm using the Clover boot-loader so I might or might not run into some issues when I do this. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

Can you post what you did with MultiBeast? I am not seeing "Intel 9 series motherboard support" any where.

Thanks,

Anybody knows if the audio 1150 is the same audio as used in this computer?

ROG G20AJ

Thanks so much

Howdy folks, sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm working on a similar build and I've gotten everything humming along using Clover, including wifi on the built-in doodad, but I can't figure out the audio.

This is my first Clover build so I figure I might just be a rube, but anybody got any pointers?

sorry man, never installed the clover way.

sorry for late reply, but i think wifi combo card is a bit more of a hassle to work, provided you didnt upgrade to 10.10.3. toleda's solution works perfectly until 10.10.2

Having trouble getting front USB ports to work with this motherboard. Did you use any particular kexts on that front?

Sorry for delayed response. i did some changes, went for maximus 7 gene, for the SLI. looking forward to sli dual gtx 980 for 3440x1440 crisp gaming.also modded some stuff, and now it looks like this currently Screen Shot on 2015-05-23 at 21_49_58.pngScreen Shot on 2015-05-23 at 21_53_32.png front of pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back