Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Asus Maximus VII Impact + 4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you, or is anyone using the M.2 slot? If so, as a boot drive or otherwise?

I am currently doing some research in preparation for building a gaming Hackintosh (mainly for WoW) and have been looking at the ASUS ROG Maximus VII Impact mini ITX board; and I read this from ASUS' literature…

To paraphrase; if you stick a M.2 SSD in there, you will take your 16x PCIe slot down to an 8x slot…

I DO think you could boot though…!

I was excited about the M.2 slot myself, as M.2 SSDs are WAY cheaper than regular 2.5" models, and supposed to be a bit snappier on boot…

hey guys, i got a defective mb and was planning to replace it with an ASUS Maximus Hero VII and from what I've been reading some can't get audio working and some do. it has the SupremeFX 2014. do you think your audio settings would work on it? thanks in advance

do you think your audio settings would work on it?
1150 works; see Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA: Audio ID: 1 or 2.
Asus Rampage VII Impact, everything works with Clover/Chimera - ex. M.2: native CPU/GPU PM, WiFi/BT, HDMI audio, 10.10, 10.11 Public Beta, etc.

I managed to get everything working with the exception of the bluetooth. Wifi is working okay, but could you please let me know what kext you used to get bluetooth working on the M7I. I have an old Apple Bluetooth keyboard I would love to be using with this build if I could just get bluetooth working on the Asus.

Thanks.

hello !

I have the same configuration but i can't use sound (SUPREME FX Card) and WIFI+BT (ASUS COMBO IV Card mPCIe).

Can you help me ?

I'm using MULTIBEAST or CLOVER CONFIGURATOR. You said you used a kext to use WIFI and BT (provided by toleda) ? Can you explain me your method ?

Thanks for all.

hello !

I have the same configuration but i can't use sound (SUPREME FX Card) and WIFI+BT (ASUS COMBO IV Card mPCIe).

Can you help me ?

I'm using MULTIBEAST or CLOVER CONFIGURATOR. You said you used a kext to use WIFI and BT (provided by toleda) ? Can you explain me your method ?

Thanks for all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32ivzpvfjzoc3bq/10.11.zip?dl=0

use these kexts remove all other kexts you have installed from the clover kexts 10.11 directory have fun!

1150 works; see Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA: Audio ID: 1 or 2.
Asus Rampage VII Impact, everything works with Clover/Chimera - ex. M.2: native CPU/GPU PM, WiFi/BT, HDMI audio, 10.10, 10.11 Public Beta, etc.
Hi Toleda

Can i have your EFI zip file for maximus impact pease

Hello, sir. I also use the m7i motherboard, can you share your Bluetooth and WiFi keys files. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back