Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Maximus VII Hero NVidia GTX970- Install guide - High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
Well I have the same motherboard (Asus Maximus VII Hero), everything works well for the moment.
- I have not needed to do an SSDT to fix the USB ... I've been watching and I do not know what problems you are referring to, so I see it detects the USB well with the latest CLOVER.
- I have tried the AptioMemoryFix.efi without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and the system boots up well, it detects my nvidia gtx 1050 fine, but I have done a NVRAM TEST and I think it does not detect it in a native way.
- I had to enable the CSM in the bios to detect the 2 screens.
- Versión BIOS 3503 Versión Beta
Otherwise everything works well for what I believe.
Regards and thanks for the tutorial ..

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
Well I have the same motherboard (Asus Maximus VII Hero), everything works well for the moment.
- I have not needed to do an SSDT to fix the USB ... I've been watching and I do not know what problems you are referring to, so I see it detects the USB well with the latest CLOVER.
- I have tried the AptioMemoryFix.efi without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and the system boots up well, it detects my nvidia gtx 1050 fine, but I have done a NVRAM TEST and I think it does not detect it in a native way.
- I had to enable the CSM in the bios to detect the 2 screens.
- Versión BIOS 3503 Versión Beta
Otherwise everything works well for what I believe.
Regards and thanks for the tutorial ..

if all your USB ports work well, then that is great!
But usually there are problems with not getting USB 3 speeds on USB 3 ports, some USB ports not getting recognised , internal ports not activated ( for internal B/T card for example), power issues (not getting full power to charge iPads on ports for example), when upgraded OS /USB ports are unrecognised and you have to wait for new clover or fixes).

Hi, Understood.
I attach a screenshot with some things connected to the USB.
Regards .
Sin título.png

Hi, Understood.
I attach a screenshot with some things connected to the USB.
Regards .
View attachment 333448

USB 2 devices will show up on USB3 bus
does not necessarily mean that USB 3 port speeds are working.
the 3 (keyb mouse akai) devices listed on your screen shot are all usb 2 speed
(elicenser and store n go - not sure because no detail is shown but I think they are also usb 2)

have you tried an external USB 3 harddrive connected and see if your transfer speeds are full USB 3?
would be interesting to see if they work without any extra configuring on all your USB 3 ports.

usb3 5gbs.jpeg usb2 external drive.jpeg

here you can see the same device connected to a usb2 only port and to a usb 3 port
usb3 will give 5gb/sec theoretical

Hi.
I have tried it with a pendrive 3.0 in several usb ports of the board, including the front of the pc tower.
Regards.

Sin título2.png
Sin título.png
Sin título3.png
Sin título4.png
Sin título5.png
Sin título6.png

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Sin título2.png
    Sin título2.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Sin título3.png
    Sin título3.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 385
  • Sin título4.png
    Sin título4.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Sin título5.png
    Sin título5.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Sin título6.png
    Sin título6.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Thank you for this guide. I used it for i7-4790K and Maximus Ranger VII. Almost a golden build (Will follow your usb inject guide next)
You are welcome.

I will try to update clover on this system soon...
New version of Clover is now auto extracted apfs.efi
So makes it a lot easier when upgrading.
For the moment though I am staying on high Sierra , because no Nvidia drivers yet for mojave

You are welcome.

I will try to update clover on this system soon...
New version of Clover is now auto extracted apfs.efi
So makes it a lot easier when upgrading.
For the moment though I am staying on high Sierra , because no Nvidia drivers yet for mojave

Did you try different layouts for audio? I have too much interference/noise coming through headphones when connected on green / front panel audio.

Did you try different layouts for audio? I have too much interference/noise coming through headphones when connected on green / front panel audio.

No I haven't ,
I have been using sound through a USB connected Soundblaster omni Surround 5.1 to my headphones and Soundplate.
which works perfectly.

haven't really tested front audio headphone connection.

very good guide you should upload efi folder for this so that its easier. my configuration works in mojave not on high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back