Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Maximus VII Hero NVidia GTX970- Install guide - High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Yoshi, congrats on the setup. I've the same mobo and honestly I'm struggling on geekbench 5 to get any higher multi score then 4094

Would you be able to PM me or I could use the same config / kexts?

Thanks
Hey there,
thanks for the comment!

the results on geekbench when I first posted this (back in 2018) was with an earlier version of geek bench, version 3 I think - when I run the tests on geekbench 5 - the results are even lower that yours - I get 2929 - so I think you are good :)

Thanks mate, but sometimes when I'm playing audio through my soundcard I'll get glitch now and then... I've replaced everything even on a new board this happens

Also ive been getting this issue when starting

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_161529.jpg
    IMG_20200512_161529.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Thanks mate, but sometimes when I'm playing audio through my soundcard I'll get glitch now and then... I've replaced everything even on a new board this happens

Also ive been getting this issue when starting

Thanks

re screenshot:

see this post

I am using apfs loader now too (much better- easier ) - originally back in 2018 I used a apfs.efi

re audio:
usually error involving some sound ID or not using latest codec commander and related Lilu
I have an external USB soundblaster device I am using for sound so can't really vouch for my setup using internal alc1150 haven't tested for a while.

For alc1150 you have to inject one of these , I choose 7 - but some say to choose 1 first.
  1. ALC1150, Inject = 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 7 , 11

find my config files attached hope it helps

Attachments

• debug_1684.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 132
Thanks for the reply.

I've got the board audio working no problem along with HDMI Audio (RX 580 8gb card)

The issue is if I'm watching youtube or something on vlc player sometimes ill get little stutters

I'm using an Apogee Duet Firewire card and also had a Cubase usb soundcard

Am I doing something wrong with my setup?

Thanks for the reply.

I've got the board audio working no problem along with HDMI Audio (RX 580 8gb card)

The issue is if I'm watching youtube or something on vlc player sometimes ill get little stutters

I'm using an Apogee Duet Firewire card and also had a Cubase usb soundcard

Am I doing something wrong with my setup?

your setup is quite different from mine

you are running a rx580 on mojave

because I have Nvidia card I have to stay on high sierra (last macOS to support Nvidia webdrivers)

(there were some issues in the past with Mojave and rx580 and hardware acceleration especially with dual displays as I recall, best to post in Mojave desktop forum and request help there ,

Reverted back to High Sierra but the drive was converted from HFS to APFS
gotcha,
Still looks like a graphics hardware acceleration issue - I have no experience with configuring AMD cards and hackintosh

you could start and look if it is a YouTube /vlc bloating issue by using a more light weight player
and see if for example Ilina player can play without stuttering .
see this post below.

Not answering your question as I don't know, but have you tried this player to see if you get a different result?
https://lhc70000.github.io/iina/
Played some of my heavier files a lot better than VLC below version 3.

You could check in VLC if the stuttering is IO bound, maybe your disk can't fill the buffer fast enough?

also check with VideoProc if hardware accelation is working properly .

better post a separate request in forum with your RX580 card in subject so that people with amd experience can help you.

I also have a Maximus vii hero my hack works perfectly I have gtx 1070..4690k but the only issue I'm facing is when I wake my pc from sleep my display dosent work it seems to show a fuzzy old style screen I'm on high sierra btw any help appreciated

ok I solved my last problem but now with my 1070 when I install the web drivers I get a black screen system is booted fine though Ive tried so many things any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back