Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Maximus VII Hero - HIGH SIERRA - 10.13.4 - Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I didn't know about that. Attached is that file. Let me know if you need any other info! Thanks!

I don't see a custom ssdt.aml file for USBinjectall.kext in this config. (no .aml in clover/acpi/patched)
so USB 3 ports are not being defined - see IOReg -pic no SSxports

Also you have generic usbxhci.kext in there, not needed if you have custom aml and usbinjectall

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 11.57.34 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 11.57.34 am.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 65
@YoshiMac does your board really list the USB ports as SSP (SuperSpeedPlus) ports? I also have a Maximus VII Hero and my ports are all listed as SS Ports (see my screenshot below). I checked the MoBo Specs on the ASUS website, and it lists the blue USB ports as USB 3.1 Gen 1, so SS (=SuperSpeed) would be correct. Or am I missing something that makes my ports show up as SS instead of SSP? Or how else do you have SSP Ports instead of SS Ports?

Maybe another question while I'm at it - is the Maximus VII Hero's Intel XHCI controller is natively supported by OS X? I haven't been able to figure out what ReabMan meant by checking the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/

Thank you very much for all your guides, they've been super helpful and an immense time saver.

P.S. if you happen to update to Catalina at some point, note that you will need another SSDT to patch EC (I couldn't get the Catalina installer to run with an otherwise unchanged config, took me forever to find the solution, so maybe I can save you some time, too if you upgrade).

SSP Ports.png

P.S. if you happen to update to Catalina at some point, note that you will need another SSDT to patch EC (I couldn't get the Catalina installer to run with an otherwise unchanged config, took me forever to find the solution, so maybe I can save you some time, too if you upgrade).

Can you share the patch? I have a similar system on High Sierra, which I am thinking of upgrading to Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back