GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 EU
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Since I have not seen any guidance and I, personally, being a bit 'muffled installation, put my experience and a small guide on how to properly install and perfectly Mountain Lion 10.8.2 sull'Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z.

1) Download and inserted in a USB key the modified BIOS 3304 (downloadable from here -> http://bios.zmac.net/asus/Maximus-IV-Extreme-Z-ASUS-3304_modified.zip)

2) Prepare your usb stick with Unibeast 1.5.3 (once done, reboot)

3) Press the Delete key and enter the BIOS, then install the BIOS Modified. Installation is completed, restart and go back into the BIOS.

4) Turn off Jmicron and Marvell, when not in use and, if you had an overclocked system, you can safely enter the parameters of your overclock and then set the PCIE video card as before, just as I did: disabled Marvell and Jmicron. Off the input of the Intel video card and I put PCIE as the primary adapter. Once done, you can press F10 to save the configuration and, therefore, restart.

5) After the BIOS screen, press F8 and choose the USB stick where you have installed Lion with Unibeast MT. Now, if you have an Nvidia video card, you have to give the following command: PCIRootUID = 0, otherwise you get a black screen and your monitor might type "No sengale."

6) Install MT Lion in your Hard Disk or SSD.

7) Once installed and, after performing the installation steps when you are inside your desk, open Safari and downloaded DSDT Editor and Patcher from here http://olarila.com/dsdt/DSDTEditor_Mac.zip.

8) Open DSDT Editor and Patcher and Estrate your DSDT. Once done, you have to do is insert the Generic Patch P8 3xxx and that of our audio ALC889, which I'll post.

9) Once you have applied these Patchs, you will find errors: Click on the "Fix errors" to correct them. There is a remark and an error. Double click on that error and replace ABCDEFGH with ABCDEFFF

10) Compile and save the DSDT on the desktop

11) Download Multibeast to Mountain Lion and install only these things:

a) UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
b) with DSDT AUDIO: ALC889
c) NETWORK: hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
d) Customization -> System definition -> iMac12, 2

12) Once you have installed everything with Multibeast, open Disk Utility and repaired permissions.

13) Once you have completed the process of repairing permissions, reboot.

14) We are back on the desk well. Everything works great. You are welcome to install updates, including 10.8.2 and, after rebooting, you will need to re-install the ALC889 audio and everything will be as before.

I highly recommend, after installing the system, to make a fair copy of the hard disk with CCC.

CIAUZ!

Attachments

• ALC889.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 479
  • P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx.txt
    7 KB · Views: 419
I was able to install mountain lion on this mobo but not through unibeast but through a cloned hard drive of my friend.FYI, a hard drive from a gigabyte motherboard but with a few flaws like sleep,restart and shutdown doesn't work ,only dvi can get signal and it doesnt worked on HDMI and when using the headphone jack only the left side works ,usb audio like my razer megalodon headphone doesnt receive audio but i think my hackintosh detected it cause my razer lights up everytime i plugged it in usb port.How about usb 3.0 can i utilized it through multibeast .I would also love for my hackintosh to use the esata port A little off topic ,how come my system freezes or hangs regularly when im using it whether mac osx or windows .How can i fix this?ty in advance.

UPDATE: i was able to install on my ssd mountain lion via unibeast and everything is working perfectly accept it only boots on unibeast and not through my ssd .Any ideas how to solve this. I used busratio=34 PCIRootUID=0 -f -v as my boot flag.Hope someone can help me.

I am in the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z boat too.

With your instructions I was able to build one of my drives in to a hackintoch fairly easy. Thanks

FYI - I only found out what a hackintoch is yesterday when I was searching for a new mac. I was wondering if my rocket ship PC could run Mountain Lion. With your help...yes is the answer.

But, I am not getting sound.. I patched the ALC889 to my DSDT and selected the "with DSDT ALC899" in MultiBeast.

Are you getting sound? I have a GTX670 but that should not make a diff. oh yea I had to select GraphicsEnabler=No in MultiBeast too for a clean boot up...

Thanks for the help...

Thank you so much for the heart!

For the video card is really weird. I think it's due to the KEPLER.

The audio is very strange. If you followed my guide, you should have no problems.

Try to install ALC889 no-dsdt. Let me know.

A big hug!

I found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/76202-mountain-lion-optimized-applehda-realtek-alc8xx.html
and used the following instruction version with Audio ID set at 2. I have sound when I select internal speakers!!! The only issue is a pop at the beginning of a sound event.

This mac sling of mine is getting dangerous... I am making bid data decisions and shopping for a 240gb sad so my mac drive is as fast as my OCZ vertex 3 window7 64bit setup. I started this mac journey on an old 250gb spinner. A CCC has been made of my old drive and a new drive will most likely make it to my house somehow today.

Installation - MultiBeast_5.1.1 or newer
1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Verify dsdt/HDEF/layout-id
3. MultiBeast - Select Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx
3a. With DSDT/ALC8xy or
3b. Without DSDT/ALC8xy, and, if desired, Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler (for Audio ID: 2)
4. Continue
5. Install
6. Restart

Thanks so much! I added this soon!

How many Pstates are you getting? I have been doing some benching and they are low and sometimes half what they should be. I checked my Pstates with MSRDumper and go figure my one and only Pstate is 16.Did you try the new FakeSMC in MB 5.2.0? I did and with the HWmonitor and I could not boot. Trying to install the new FakeSMC and plugins without HWmonior.Charlie

I bought a usb gaming mouse for my build but it is only working on mountain lion but not on windows 7 .the same thing with my bluetooth 3.0 usb dongle how can i fix this ty in advance.

to OP: Do you think your guide would work for a Asus Maximus IV Extreme (NO Z)?
I have a similiar build to yours. I have a EVGA GTX580 and I7 2600K.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back