CPU
i7-875K OC @ 4GHz
Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
GUIDE FOR ASUS MAXIMUS III GENE UNDER MAVERICK
rdbi.jpg

The Motherboard is now fully working under 10.9 and 10.9.1 using Unibeast and follow Guide from Tonymac to create the Usb Drive.

1/ BIOS SETUP ( update your bios to the latest one , see your motherboard manual )

-load default bios

Main/
Configure SATA as: AHCI

POWER/
Suspend mode : S3
Repost Video On S3 resume :YES

Hardware monitor /(optional but better than desactivated)
Fan speed control : Standard , turbo anyone

2/Install Maverick
p5pi.png

Guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Boot on the Usb with :
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IF you have blackscreen and system boot back , it’s your video card that make the problem
( with my gtx570 my boot flag is:
Code:
 -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Install Maverick

Or you can also Edit the boot flag into the Usb before trying to install Maverick ( that just help to boot without any add flag )
To do this :
After you create the Usb drive with Unibeast
Open Terminal and type :( to see hidden files in osx )
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1
( to hide them )
Code:
 defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 0

Open your Usb and open the folder Extra.
Edit the file org.chameleon.boot.plist ( using TextWrangler or plistEditor or text editor )
Just open it and at GraphicsEnabler just add Yes instead of NO ( do the same with IGPEnabler)
It should be soothing like this : <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Close and save that's all !!
You can install Maverick without add flag at startup or only the one that match for your graphic card (for me its
Code:
-f npci=0x2000

3/ AFTER INSTALLATION COMPLETED

Reboot on the usb drive again and choose to boot under the newly created maverick installation
( Audio will be installed after ... thats a better way to avoid Kernel panic for now as this is an AD2000B codec)

Use Multibeast now : ( you can also download and load the attached file MBMAXIM3GEN.mb load it under multibeast and install )

-Quick start : Choose DSDT FREE

-Drivers network
Network:Realtek-Lnx2mac's RealtekRTL81xx V0.0.90

-Drivers Misc
NullCPUPowerManagement

-Bootloaders: Chimera V2.2.1

-Customize:
-Boot option
check Graphics enabler=Yes
Uncheck Hibernate Mode- Desktop
Check IGPEnabler=NO
-Systemdefinition Imac 11,2 ( LGA1156 )
ffil.png

Install and reboot removing your usb drive now .
You should have now a fully working Maverick with sleep / shutdown working .( without audio yet ) without any DSDT installed .
efr9.png

4/ POST INSTALLATION AUDIO

Well and Audio now …
The Codec is Ad2000B , just download and install the VoodooHDA 2.8.2 from the attached files
(IMPORTANT : DO NOT INSTALL THE ONE FROM MULTIBEAST but the attached one here )
The Audio is then fully working Line IN MIC IN and HDMI also ( Without any Dsdt )

If your HDMI Audio is strange when not moving mouse and good when moving mouse .. Just Add <key>CSTUsingSystemIO</key>
<string>Yes</string>
To the Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Congrats You should have now a fully working board under Maverick with all working !!!

About NullCPUPowerManagement i was wondering if if was better with or without it … well after some test and bench i really think its better to use it ..the major improvement is really in LESS CPU Heat .

5/ DSDT

For some reason I’ve created a new Dsdt for this board , so you can also install the board using this new Dsdt
Extracted using «*Maciasl*» ( wonderful application by the way )*
Ive add HDEF edit ( layout ID is 99 ) , add HDMI edit for GTX 4xx and 5xx card , Fixed some error .
This Dsdt will add you HDMI Audio without the need to use VoodooHDA.kext … ( it will enable by default the Hdmi with AppleHda ) but the audio motherboard will not work .

I will report later result if possible °-) with and without Dsdt .
Dsdt is attached to the post

czkq.png

Attachments

• MBMAXIM3GENE.mb
    4.2 KB · Views: 320
  • MaximusGEN3MAVERICK.aml.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 201
  • VoodooHDA-v2.8.2 Mountain Lion.zip
    232.4 KB · Views: 246
Hi I saw your guide and saw you posted a (modified?) Version of the voodoohda kext? I too have the maximus III gene motherboard and installed Mavericks with the EasyBeast option and audio appears to be working with AppleHDA kext. The weird thing is there is still an older version of voodooHDA from Snow Leopard in my "Backup Extensions" folder, but none in the 'Extra' folder. I'm not really sure why my audio is working but I don't want to mess with anything unless it improves it. Anyone have an idea what is going on? (I didn't check the voodoohda box when running multibeast, but the preference pane is still there.)

Flight, I am wondering what exactly is different about the version of Voodoo you posted in your thread versus the one in multibeast? I know some people with our motherboard experienced kernel panics with voodooHDA 2.7.2
Should I install the version of voodoo you posted or just leave things as is... the only difference I notice is sound appears less 'bassy' though it could just be the new version of iTunes, I plan on downgrading back to 10.7 till apple sorts that mess out.

Hi I saw your guide and saw you posted a (modified?) Version of the voodoohda kext? I too have the maximus III gene motherboard and installed Mavericks with the EasyBeast option and audio appears to be working with AppleHDA kext. The weird thing is there is still an older version of voodooHDA from Snow Leopard in my "Backup Extensions" folder, but none in the 'Extra' folder. I'm not really sure why my audio is working but I don't want to mess with anything unless it improves it. Anyone have an idea what is going on? (I didn't check the voodoohda box when running multibeast, but the preference pane is still there.)

Did you make a clean install or did you upgrade from 10.7 with an voodoohda installed ??..
you should have anything from voodoohda installed in maverick with a clean install .

Flight, I am wondering what exactly is different about the version of Voodoo you posted in your thread versus the one in multibeast? I know some people with our motherboard experienced kernel panics with voodooHDA 2.7.2
Should I install the version of voodoo you posted or just leave things as is... the only difference I notice is sound appears less 'bassy' though it could just be the new version of iTunes, I plan on downgrading back to 10.7 till apple sorts that mess out.

Well , The audio codec is AD2000B on this board , many have kernel panics installing voodooHda 2.7.2 ( its work first time and at next strartup it doesnt or Kernel panic at startup )
The VoodooHDA i've posted seems the be patched correctly for AD2000B codec.
http://www.osx86.net/topic/19497-solved-help-with-adi-ad2000b-on-mavericks-109/ ( I ve Found it here )
So yes this one is different from the one you can install from multibeast.
I never have any kernel panic with that voodooHda with that board . ( and all work : mic in , line out Stereo , HDMI )
Attached is the original zip ive download on the forum ( 2 different install one for 10.7 one for 10.8 "the one ive posted previously " )

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-v2.8.2 2.zip
    560.7 KB · Views: 141
If you guys want Speed step C and P states on this board then

I. extract SSDTs from windows with aida64(go for ver 3 as ver4 remove the acpi tools)

II. change ".bin" to .aml then boot to mac open ".aml" file with maciasl and compile it(fix the errors if you have any)

III. put the SSDTs to your extra folder( named them as SSDT.aml,SSDT-1.aml and so on....)

IV. remove generate C & p states from org.chameleon.Boot.plist

V. add drop ssdt =yes from chameleon wizard

VI. remove NullCpupowermanagement( if you are using it as its better to use a patched DSDT)

you are done

enjoy......

heres my dsdt of this board it has 0 errors 0 warning 0 remarks (if you have same system as mine u can use my dsdt)
my cpu(core i7-870 SSDT) is also here if have same cpu feel free to try it

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    62.1 KB · Views: 282
  • SSDT-1.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 235
  • SSDT-2.aml
    835 bytes · Views: 202
  • SSDT.aml
    9.6 KB · Views: 249
HI ,
Druboo_666 thanks for the help .. °-)

What should i use as audio into multibeast using your dsdt ??..

No im still on 10.9.2 and i didnt move from there ...))-)

Definitely use Druboo Dsdt to All ..°-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back